What do you think of the new glossy screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oskare100

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hello,
To all of you who have used a notebook with a glossy screen (HP BrightView, Acer CrystalBright, Sony X-Black and so on):

Generally, what do you think of the new glossy screens?

Do they reflect much of the background when you are working with the computer indoor (not in an office enviroment)? Do you think that the blank/glossy screens are annoying when you work with a computer with a such screen?

Would you recomend anyone to buy a notebook with a glossy screen? (I'm thinking of buying a Sony Vaio with an X-Black glossy screen).

Regards
Oskar

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I personally don't think they're that bad. I have a screen that's really glossy, but you only really notice if your screen is dark (as in, the borders on a widescreen movie) or if you're playing games. Even then, I can tune out the background image and just see whatever the screen's displaying. It really depends on the person I think. Some people can't tune it out, and the reflection annoys them to no end.

Yup, we have Clevo's glassview on our laptops. Slightly reflective, but they are soooooooooo nice. Can't emphasize that enough.

OK, maybe I under-exaggerated a bit. Still doesn't offset how good they look. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.