error message on start-up

June 13, 2005 4:28:03 PM

Hi
I have the following file that displays as an error - can't find - on start
up.
wltrysvcs.exe.
The fault is removable by clicking ok.

What is it and how do I prevent it?

--
kpw

More about : error message start

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 6:34:13 PM

kev wrote:
> I have the following file that displays as an error - can't find - on
> start up.
> wltrysvcs.exe.
> The fault is removable by clicking ok.
>
> What is it and how do I prevent it?

Remove it from where ever it is for startups..

However, the problem may be more serious.. When was the last time you
scanned for Viruses/trojans/spyware/adware?
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2632632

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

That's my problem. When I do a search I cannot find it.
I seem to recall Norton detecting and removing the file several weeks ago.
But the computer seems to be still looking for it on start-up?

--
kpw

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> kev wrote:
> > I have the following file that displays as an error - can't find - on
> > start up.
> > wltrysvcs.exe.
> > The fault is removable by clicking ok.
> >
> > What is it and how do I prevent it?
>
> Remove it from where ever it is for startups..
>
> However, the problem may be more serious.. When was the last time you
> scanned for Viruses/trojans/spyware/adware?
> http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2632632
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

June 14, 2005 1:09:09 AM

"kev" <kev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have the following file that displays as an error - can't find - on
> start
> up.
> wltrysvcs.exe.
> The fault is removable by clicking ok.
>
> What is it and how do I prevent it?
>

> --
> kpw

Try putting that filename into a search engine like google and it will bring
results for you to look through.
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 2:12:37 AM

Most likely this was a file that was removed by your antivirus or antispyware software, but the Registry entry that's trying to run it is still present.

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Startup Programs Tracker. Look for the location that's trying to load this file and delete the appropriate value/shortcut. The included help gives a basic tutorial on how to remove items that are found.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

!