P-mount cartridges

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
June 15, 2005 3:48:04 AM

I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
but I can't find any. HELP?

More about : mount cartridges

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 4:02:00 AM

Eric wrote:

> I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
> Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
> "high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
> but I can't find any. HELP?

MCM Electronics has the Audio-Technica TM3, a good all-round P-mount
cartridge with elliptical stylus. It costs a bit less than MCM's
minimum order, so you may want to buy something else to make up the
difference.

www.mcmelectronics.com

(800) 543-4330
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 4:04:46 AM

On 14 Jun 2005 23:48:04 GMT, Eric <knippe@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
>Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
>"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
>but I can't find any. HELP?

sumiko's "blue point" high-output MC cartridge is p-mount, but i don't
see it listed on their web page any more. however, various cartridge
outlets may still have them in stock. try a google search.

there are also versions of the shure v-15 that are p-mount.

http://www.needledoctor.com is a good place to start.
--
// scott drysdale // s.drysdale@verizon.net
// amigas and panheads and guns, oh my!

Eric wrote:
> I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
> Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
> "high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
> but I can't find any. HELP?

I believe Grado makes universal mounts, at least at the lower end of
their line.

bob
June 17, 2005 3:53:35 AM

> > I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
> > Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
> > "high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
> > but I can't find any. HELP?
>
> MCM Electronics has the Audio-Technica TM3...

> sumiko's "blue point" high-output MC cartridge is p-mount, but i don't
> see it listed on their web page any more....

> there are also versions of the shure v-15 that are p-mount...

> I believe Grado makes universal mounts, at least at the lower end of
> their line...

Thanks for all of your input. The search for the Holy Grail is
never ending.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:57:37 AM

Hello Eric,
Simply go to http://www.garage-a-records.com/
They have everything you need.
And from LP Gears
http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTG...

Also don't forget that some linear tracking turntable (mainly Japanese
one like Technics, Mitsubishi, sansui) where far from being *high-end*
so installing a high quality cartridge could sometime give so so
result.So if you have a japanese Linear Tracking Turntable better stick
with a regular P-Mount like the Ortofon OMP-10, the Audio-Technica
AT301EP or a Shure M92E.
Regard

Jocelyn

Eric a écrit :
> I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
> Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
> "high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
> but I can't find any. HELP?
June 18, 2005 3:47:56 AM

Jocelyn Major wrote:

> Hello Eric,
> Simply go to http://www.garage-a-records.com/
> They have everything you need.
> And from LP Gears
> http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTG...

Thanks. URLs saved.

> Also don't forget that some linear tracking turntable (mainly Japanese
> one like Technics, Mitsubishi, sansui) where far from being *high-end*
> so installing a high quality cartridge could sometime give so so
> result.So if you have a japanese Linear Tracking Turntable better stick
> with a regular P-Mount like the Ortofon OMP-10, the Audio-Technica
> AT301EP or a Shure M92E.

This is a Sony (PL-7?) It currently has an Audio Technica in it.
A 152LP perhaps?

I've got a shoe box full of cartridges from my 1970s search for the
"Holy Grail" (AKG, Shure V15, etc.,) but none of them are P-mount.

Thanks again.
!