Windows hangs for 10~15 mins after login

I am using WindowsXP for a long time. Lately it almost hangs for 10 to 15
minutes after login on startup. The hard disk indicator shows no activity
and the taskbar cannot be accessed. After the above mentioned time, the
system works perfectly. This has never happened before. Is there any system
tool or utility that can help me to trace and solve this problem?

The configuration of my system is below:
Intel Pentium IV - 1.5 GHz
128MB RAM
Windows XP (no SP but updated)

I'll appreciate any help.

Regards
Ishtiaque Ahmed Memon
Karachi, Pakistan
1 answer Last reply
More about windows hangs mins login

    I'd go and install adaware, spybot, ccleaner, and zone alarm. One of those
    will probably show you an unneeded "utility" that starts at boot time.

    Also, you might want to uninstall any applications you aren't using. A
    search through the startup folder and the RUN registry keep will probably
    show lots of unneded stuff. Finally, if you are running Norton Anti-Virus,
    you might want to consider replacing it with AVG7.

    "Ishtiaque Ahmed Memon" <ishtiaque73@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am using WindowsXP for a long time. Lately it almost hangs for 10 to 15
    > minutes after login on startup. The hard disk indicator shows no activity
    > and the taskbar cannot be accessed. After the above mentioned time, the
    > system works perfectly. This has never happened before. Is there any
    > system
    > tool or utility that can help me to trace and solve this problem?
    >
    > The configuration of my system is below:
    > Intel Pentium IV - 1.5 GHz
    > 128MB RAM
    > Windows XP (no SP but updated)
    >
    > I'll appreciate any help.