Yahoo's Dialup software tells me that I have to have Remote Access on
computer before it will accept installation. I have tried to research this
and understand it--to no avail. What do I do?
--
TomSawyer

Go to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll down to remote access,start the
service.

"tomsawyer" wrote:

> Yahoo's Dialup software tells me that I have to have Remote Access on
> computer before it will accept installation. I have tried to research this
> and understand it--to no avail. What do I do?
> --
> TomSawyer

This was helpful in telling me where to go, but unfortunately the software
still won't install. I must have some more complex problem.
--
TomSawyer

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Go to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll down to remote access,start the
> service.
>
> "tomsawyer" wrote:
>
> > Yahoo's Dialup software tells me that I have to have Remote Access on
> > computer before it will accept installation. I have tried to research this
> > and understand it--to no avail. What do I do?
> > --
> > TomSawyer

I am having the same exact problem:
I have Yahoo SBC DSL...and it freezes occasionall...so the error reporting
suggests i go to The website...and the Yahoo SBC website suggests i download
the updated browser...
when i do the download completes but then a box appears with title: Warning...
and it says that Remote Access Service isn't installed....
when i tried your solution, the services i started were specifically called:
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager/ and Remote Access Connection Manager
I'm not too sure if they're any different...but starting those services
didn't help, the box still says i need to install remote access service...
CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!??