geminiguy

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
I've read a few posts stating that the TDK is a badged Plextor 708A, but I cannot find any documentation stating this nor does anyone have any answers...ggrr!! I want to get a good dvd +/- rw, but without any real knowledge of this being fact or fiction..still in the dark.
I saw the black bezel LiteOn 411s for $98 at Walmart tonight, but really looking for an 8x or is it a real big dif? Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Gem

Trying to get there, but seems to be no shortcut!

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
Not sure if its a rebadged plextor, but if your looking for 8x, the Pioneer A07 is the best way to go. It burns both -R and +R at 8x.

The time difference between a burning a disc at 4x and burning at disc at 8x is about 5-6 min. Thats because it doesn't really burn at 8x, it starts off at 6x then switches over to 8x near the end of the disc. 8x discs more expensive than 4x discs(about .80 per disc), so you be the judge of whether that extra saved time is worth it.

geminiguy

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
I've been looking at them also. For $178 for the OEM version, isn't the Plextor the way to go for about the same? *curious*, if it were cheaper than the Plextor, I would pick it up in a heartbeat.
Thanks for your input, I hope that somone has the answer to the TDK question eventually.

Thanks for everything,

Gem

Trying to get there, but seems to be no shortcut!