Mutimedia Audio Controller

Upon disk clean-up and removing unneeded programs, I removed a program I
apparently need for getting sound. Boxes that come up concern Multimedia
Audio Controller and something about C-Media AC97 Audio Device and the
message, "This device cannot start (Code 10).

Help!
1 answer Last reply
More about mutimedia audio controller

    reinstall the drivers
    peterk

    the problem
    "leearno" <leearno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Upon disk clean-up and removing unneeded programs, I removed a program I
    > apparently need for getting sound. Boxes that come up concern Multimedia
    > Audio Controller and something about C-Media AC97 Audio Device and the
    > message, "This device cannot start (Code 10).
    >
    > Help!

Controller Audio Devices Windows XP