Sign in with
Your question

Acer aspire turning off itself

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 12:10:22 AM

my acer aspire keeps turning itself off, its happened 5 times today.

can anyone tell me why that is? ive only had it for 6 months.

Becca x

More about : acer aspire turning

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 1:41:17 AM

anyone? lots of views but no help :/ 
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 7:22:23 AM

Could be lots of causes. We'll eliminate the easy ones 1st. Could be overheating, download Speccy and check your temps.
http://download.cnet.com/Speccy/3000-2094_4-75181811.ht...
If they are OK try Clean Startup to eliminate a process that might have corrupt files causing shut downs.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
This can be time consuming, and I'd be tempted to restore your laptop to factory settings, having backed up your data.
Power computer on. Hold Alt and keep pressing F10 at the Acer logo. You may need a password. If you have used Erecovery before you would have been asked to create a password.
If your first Erecovery the default password is 000000
Select Factory
Related resources
April 1, 2013 11:00:26 AM

Is not a software issue man! See if when you turn it on you hear the fan inside removing the hot air, If it is, you will have to send it to a repair place because you will need to open it and clean the fan and re-apply artic-silver or some other high density CPU thermal paste or another thing, could be a motherboard issue... I had the same problem, if I removed the Hard Drive it would turn on fine and it wouldnt turn off ever... the hard drive was ok.
a b $ Windows 7
April 1, 2013 12:51:32 PM

leitustech said:
Is not a software issue man! See if when you turn it on you hear the fan inside removing the hot air, If it is, you will have to send it to a repair place because you will need to open it and clean the fan and re-apply artic-silver or some other high density CPU thermal paste or another thing, could be a motherboard issue... I had the same problem, if I removed the Hard Drive it would turn on fine and it wouldnt turn off ever... the hard drive was ok.

On the grounds of probabilities it is unlikely to be a dust build-up as it's only 6 months old, unless it's being used on a dusty, fleecy blanket instead of a hard surface...
Could easily be software or even a failing Hard Drive, if Recovery fails it would lean the diagnosis towards the drive....
LOL, just noticed this is dated last August, this thread probably older & dustier than the OP's laptop...
!