Can't Delete a Folder

I was reading about how to create an SP2 installation CD, as
described by Fred Langa. See:
<http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=47212312>

I can't remember exactly what I did wrong, but I had to
abort the procedure. I now have a folder, with the name
"b393e36002ae6921eba109a6"
It has a subfolder named "sp2" which can't be opened. If I
try to open it, I get a message stating "access denied." I
can't delete either the parent folder or the subfolder --
trying to do so also produces the message "access denied."

I've tried to delete it in safe mode. No luck. I also tried
to use Force Delete, which runs from a DOS command window.
See:
<http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,25367,tk,lg,00.asp>
No luck there, either, however.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying folder?

Thanks.

--

Bob
2 answers Last reply

    Hi there,

    Try taking the ownership of the folder by logging in as adminstrator from
    safe mode. For more instructions on how to taking ownership of a folder/file
    in XP, see here:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm

    --
    HTH
    Venkatesh
    "Bob" <bob@xxxxx.net> wrote in message
    > I was reading about how to create an SP2 installation CD, as
    > described by Fred Langa. See:

    <http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=47212312>

    > I can't remember exactly what I did wrong, but I had to
    > abort the procedure. I now have a folder, with the name
    > "b393e36002ae6921eba109a6"
    > It has a subfolder named "sp2" which can't be opened. If I
    > try to open it, I get a message stating "access denied." I
    > can't delete either the parent folder or the subfolder --
    > trying to do so also produces the message "access denied."
    >
    > I've tried to delete it in safe mode. No luck. I also tried
    > to use Force Delete, which runs from a DOS command window.
    > See:

    <http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,25367,tk,lg,00.asp>
    > No luck there, either, however.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying folder?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bob

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:04:14 +0530, "Venkatesh [MS India
    Community Star]" <Ihatespam.venkatesh00@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >[snip]

    That did it.

    Thanks very much.