Can't Delete a Folder

June 13, 2005 8:08:30 PM

I was reading about how to create an SP2 installation CD, as
described by Fred Langa. See:
<http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?...;

I can't remember exactly what I did wrong, but I had to
abort the procedure. I now have a folder, with the name
"b393e36002ae6921eba109a6"
It has a subfolder named "sp2" which can't be opened. If I
try to open it, I get a message stating "access denied." I
can't delete either the parent folder or the subfolder --
trying to do so also produces the message "access denied."

I've tried to delete it in safe mode. No luck. I also tried
to use Force Delete, which runs from a DOS command window.
See:
<http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid...;
No luck there, either, however.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying folder?

Thanks.

--

Bob

More about : delete folder

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 9:04:14 AM

Hi there,

Try taking the ownership of the folder by logging in as adminstrator from
safe mode. For more instructions on how to taking ownership of a folder/file
in XP, see here:
http://www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm

--
HTH
Venkatesh
"Bob" <bob@xxxxx.net> wrote in message
> I was reading about how to create an SP2 installation CD, as
> described by Fred Langa. See:

<http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?...;

> I can't remember exactly what I did wrong, but I had to
> abort the procedure. I now have a folder, with the name
> "b393e36002ae6921eba109a6"
> It has a subfolder named "sp2" which can't be opened. If I
> try to open it, I get a message stating "access denied." I
> can't delete either the parent folder or the subfolder --
> trying to do so also produces the message "access denied."
>
> I've tried to delete it in safe mode. No luck. I also tried
> to use Force Delete, which runs from a DOS command window.
> See:

<http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid...;
> No luck there, either, however.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying folder?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
>
> Bob
June 14, 2005 9:04:15 AM

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:04:14 +0530, "Venkatesh [MS India
Community Star]" <Ihatespam.venkatesh00@hotmail.com> wrote:

>[snip]

That did it.

Thanks very much.