Windows 7 no longer booting?

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Hey guys,

Several days ago I was looking into OC'ing my 2500K and after reading through a few guides and getting some advise from people I went into my MB's BIOS and modified sveral settings then tried to restart my system but upon rebooting I found that I could no longer load up Windows 7 which is installed on my main HDD.

Whenever I tried booting into Windows 7 I would get the image from the motherboard that gives you the option to load into the BIOS or change boot orders etc then I would get the option to choose which OS I want to load (I've got Windows 8 Release Preview installed on my second HDD), then whenever I choose to load Windows 7 I will just get a black screen and eventually different coloured specs start appearing along the first few rows of pixels. Strangely Windows 8 loads up perfectly fine and I can even access files off my Windows 7 HDD through Windows 8.

So far I have tried loading the "fail-safe defaults", "optimised defaults" as well as my BIOS profile that previously worked. I have even gone into Windows 8 and and flashed the latest BIOS using Gigabyte's @Bios software without any luck.

If anyone has any ideas then please let me know as I'm desperate to use some software such as Sketchup (Which seems to be incompatible with the preview of Windows 8) for an Assignment.

Thanks

Oh and I better add that I'm using a Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3R-B3 motherboard

TRENDING THREADS