MN-130 - "network unavailable"

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My new MN-130 on Pentium III (Emonster) with Win98SE
cannot find my network, with or without a cable attached.
During setup, I said I wanted computer-to-computer.
Troubleshooting only talks about "base station", which I
don't have. How do I get MS Broadband Network Utility to
find my computer-to-computer network?

Open the properties for the wireless connection. Check
that both wireless adapters are set to use same SSID,
channel, and encryption (same key and key length). There
is also an Advanced setting for ad-hoc (peer-to-peer),
infrastructure or both -- select ad-hoc.

Finally, set both machines to use the same workgroup.
You'll also need to disable any firewalls on the wireless
connections (or open ports for NetBIOS).

BTW, is any light blinking on the MN130?

The MN130 is not a wireless card.

SSID, Channel and encryption (and other settings like ad-hoc and
infrastructure mode) don't apply.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

> Open the properties for the wireless connection. Check
> that both wireless adapters are set to use same SSID,
> channel, and encryption (same key and key length). There
> is also an Advanced setting for ad-hoc (peer-to-peer),
> infrastructure or both -- select ad-hoc.
>
> Finally, set both machines to use the same workgroup.
> You'll also need to disable any firewalls on the wireless
> connections (or open ports for NetBIOS).
>
> BTW, is any light blinking on the MN130?

joker

You need to have either a Switch or cross over cable between the two
computers.