asus utility says network disconnected

"Wireless Settings Utility
=========================

No device was found because the network was disconnected.
Please connect the network, then try again.

ok."

is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
the cd, or from the download.

I downloaded the utility from
<http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
for the

<http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>

I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.

Can the utility be made to work, somehow?

thanks,

Thufir
3 answers Last reply
More about asus utility network disconnected

    hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:

    > "Wireless Settings Utility
    > =========================
    >
    > No device was found because the network was disconnected.
    > Please connect the network, then try again.
    >
    > ok."
    >
    > is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
    > the cd, or from the download.
    >
    > I downloaded the utility from
    > <http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
    > for the
    >
    > <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>
    >
    > I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
    > Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
    > Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.
    >
    > Can the utility be made to work, somehow?
    >

    > thanks,
    >
    > Thufir

    Contact asus tech support.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Rock wrote:
    > hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > "Wireless Settings Utility
    > > =========================
    > >
    > > No device was found because the network was disconnected.
    > > Please connect the network, then try again.
    > >
    > > ok."
    > >
    > > is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
    > > the cd, or from the download.
    > >
    > > I downloaded the utility from
    > > <http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
    > > for the
    > >
    > > <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>
    > >
    > > I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
    > > Previous I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
    > > Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.
    > >
    > > Can the utility be made to work, somehow?
    > >

    > > thanks,
    > >
    > > Thufir
    > >

    > Contact asus tech support.
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    heh, I removed the original because I'm not running winXP, but win2k
    (of course, it doesn't matter in this case, anyhow.)

    I posted this:
    "asus: server connection failure View12 Reply0 2005/06/15 02:50:04
    HAWAT
    "please try again" every time over the past few days trying to contact
    asus. what's the deal? that's a nice trick, we'll only respond if you
    use our web interface, but, uh the web interface is down.

    will asus reply to e-mails?

    very frustrated,

    Thufir"

    at <http://vip.asus.com/forum/bbs.aspx?board_id=11&SLanguage=en-us>
    most of the views are probably from me. grr. they don't publish a
    technical support e-mail address. I e-mailed their rebate department,
    whatever that's worth.

    every time I try to fill out a "technical inquiry form" I get a java
    script error from mozilla. I've looked over my java script settings
    and can't see why. it's either a genuine error on asus' end or I need
    to be using IE, I presume.

    I'll give them a call from a payphone. the whole point of doing this
    is to set up VoIP.

    -Thufir
  3. hi,

    try adding an exception in the Windows Firewall - for me that helped.

    It's important to add not only the Utility but also the concrete program, for example Device Discoverer or Wireless settitngs etc...

    -Iva

Asus Connection Configuration Windows XP