asus utility says network disconnected

"Wireless Settings Utility
=========================

No device was found because the network was disconnected.
Please connect the network, then try again.

ok."

is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
the cd, or from the download.

I downloaded the utility from
<http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
for the

<http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>

I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.

Can the utility be made to work, somehow?

thanks,

Thufir

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:

> "Wireless Settings Utility
> =========================
>
> No device was found because the network was disconnected.
> Please connect the network, then try again.
>
> ok."
>
> is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
> the cd, or from the download.
>
> I downloaded the utility from
> <http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
> for the
>
> <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>
>
> I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
> Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
> Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.
>
> Can the utility be made to work, somehow?
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Contact asus tech support.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock wrote:
> hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > "Wireless Settings Utility
> > =========================
> >
> > No device was found because the network was disconnected.
> > Please connect the network, then try again.
> >
> > ok."
> >
> > is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
> > the cd, or from the download.
> >
> > I downloaded the utility from
> > <http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
> > for the
> >
> > <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>
> >
> > I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
> > Previous I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
> > Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.
> >
> > Can the utility be made to work, somehow?
> >

> > thanks,
> >
> > Thufir
> >

> Contact asus tech support.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

heh, I removed the original because I'm not running winXP, but win2k
(of course, it doesn't matter in this case, anyhow.)

I posted this:
"asus: server connection failure View12 Reply0 2005/06/15 02:50:04
HAWAT
"please try again" every time over the past few days trying to contact
asus. what's the deal? that's a nice trick, we'll only respond if you
use our web interface, but, uh the web interface is down.

will asus reply to e-mails?

very frustrated,

Thufir"

at <http://vip.asus.com/forum/bbs.aspx?board_id=11&SLanguage=en-us>
most of the views are probably from me. grr. they don't publish a
technical support e-mail address. I e-mailed their rebate department,
whatever that's worth.

every time I try to fill out a "technical inquiry form" I get a java
script error from mozilla. I've looked over my java script settings
and can't see why. it's either a genuine error on asus' end or I need
to be using IE, I presume.

I'll give them a call from a payphone. the whole point of doing this
is to set up VoIP.

-Thufir

hi,

try adding an exception in the Windows Firewall - for me that helped.

It's important to add not only the Utility but also the concrete program, for example Device Discoverer or Wireless settitngs etc...

-Iva