Sign in with
Your question

Which windows 7 is right for me?

Last response: in Windows 7
August 10, 2012 12:50:59 AM

Yello,

I was wondering which version of windows 7 I should get. I'm building an entirely new PC and I plan on gaming on it, do video editing, surf the web, stream movies and shows things of that sort. Is there a specific version that would cater my needs specifically ? And if there is, OEM vs Retail is also on the mind. Which one is the better choice? Thank you in advance :)  I'll be using 16Gigs of ram and don't plan on going any higher for at least 2 years.

More about : windows

a c 411 $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 12:53:36 AM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit will handle up to 16Gigs of ram if you want more go pro or ultimate.
m
l
a c 411 $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 12:53:55 AM

OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 1:08:14 AM

One chouce would be OEM or RETAIL
As for edition, Microsoft have good table http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/co...

As long as you stick with single-socket motherboard, Home Premim is all you would need (unless you need some of fancier Pro features). With 16gb of RAM, you will definitely need 64-bit version, but I think both OEM and RETAIL versions include dual-media.
m
l
a c 411 $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 1:11:36 AM

OEM < only includes one media,so make sure if you go that way to purchase the 64 bit version.
m
l
!