A strange (and somewhat disturbing) experience

My wife and I have spent a couple of days in our capital, Oslo.

One evening we went to an american restaurant "Friday-Something", and I
ordered a plate of marinated spare-ribs with cheddar-covered mashed
potatoes. My wife ordered chicken with french freedoms.

During the meal, I found myself becoming more and more conservative. I
found good things to say about mr. Bush. But worst of all, I started
liking country music. I realized somthing drastic had to be done. I rose
from my chair and began singing "La Marseillaise", the french national
anthem. It turned out I wasn't the only one, more than half of the people
seated joined me, even some of those working there.

When I passed the restaurant later that evening, it was almost deserted,
and a sign in the window said that 2 persons could eat for the price of
one.

The food was excellent, but for a couple of weeks I think will stick to
norwegian classics such as half-rotten fish (4 different ones), fish
dissolved in lye and fried sheep's heads

--
pibbur dragon, with his large green eyes, claiming that this is the truth
or partially the truth or nothing but the truth

"pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message

> The food was excellent, but for a couple of weeks I think will stick
> to norwegian classics such as half-rotten fish (4 different ones),
> fish dissolved in lye and fried sheep's heads

Oh, I had meant to ask you about the Norwegian rotten fish. Is there
really a museum dedicated to it, and are there really laws prohibiting
it from being eaten in public? This was on one of the public radio
stations in my town in the US.

They also mentioned that I'd never get to try such a "delicacy"
because the American FDA has declared it "unfit for human
consumption."

Which reminds me, I actually ordered a CD from Norway about two years
ago. I think I paid 19 kroners. The name of the currency made me
laugh because when I think "crone" I think of a mean old lady. So I
bought a CD by selling off 19 grumpy old women.

It's also fairly close to "scone." Mmm, tasty money!

It's interesting that there is an American-themed resturaunt. I
wonder...in the US, most foreign food is "Americanized." For example,
I seriously doubt anyone in China eats anything I can get in a Chinese
resturaunt. I wonder if American resturaunts in Norway are
"Norwegianated" somehow.

-Ophidian

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:09:14 +0200, Zac Bond <zwb2@cwru.edu> wrote:

> "pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
>
>> The food was excellent, but for a couple of weeks I think will stick
>> to norwegian classics such as half-rotten fish (4 different ones),
>> fish dissolved in lye and fried sheep's heads
>
> Oh, I had meant to ask you about the Norwegian rotten fish. Is there
> really a museum dedicated to it, and are there really laws prohibiting
> it from being eaten in public? This was on one of the public radio
> stations in my town in the US.

Don't know about the mueseum, but it wouldn't surprise me - we've got
museums for almost everything. But there's no law against eating it in
public.

> They also mentioned that I'd never get to try such a "delicacy"
> because the American FDA has declared it "unfit for human
> consumption."
>
> Which reminds me, I actually ordered a CD from Norway about two years
> ago. I think I paid 19 kroners. The name of the currency made me
> laugh because when I think "crone" I think of a mean old lady. So I
> bought a CD by selling off 19 grumpy old women.

Sounds like a good deal - getting rid of 19 grumpies for the price of
receiving 1 norwegian CD.

Actually "kroner" translates to "crowns".

> It's also fairly close to "scone." Mmm, tasty money!

:)

> It's interesting that there is an American-themed resturaunt. I
> wonder...in the US, most foreign food is "Americanized." For example,
> I seriously doubt anyone in China eats anything I can get in a Chinese
> resturaunt. I wonder if American resturaunts in Norway are
> "Norwegianated" somehow.

I would guess that is the case. I've eaten chinese food in Norway, England
and the Netherlands. Tasted differently in every country.

--
pibbur

In Sweden we have the yucky fish too, and we also have the kronor/crowns.
But I'm curious about the restaurant - are we talking about TGIF?
If so, isn't that an international chain?

And while at the subject of food... at IKEA (and normal grocery stores too
for that matter) here in Canada, they proudly sell something they call
"Swedish Meatballs (product of the U.S)".
I'm sure they've used a really nice recipe (can't spell that word. pibbur,
you give it a try, ok?), but it doesn't taste like any meatballs I've had in
Sweden, ever! So the question is, is there some sort of standardized
international way of making meatballs "the swedish way" that I don't know
about?
And if so, why?

"How much is the fish?"

LVD

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:09:14 +0200, Zac Bond <zwb2@cwru.edu> wrote:
>

>> "pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
>>
>>> The food was excellent, but for a couple of weeks I think will stick
>>> to norwegian classics such as half-rotten fish (4 different ones),
>>> fish dissolved in lye and fried sheep's heads
>>
>> Oh, I had meant to ask you about the Norwegian rotten fish. Is there
>> really a museum dedicated to it, and are there really laws prohibiting
>> it from being eaten in public? This was on one of the public radio
>> stations in my town in the US.
>>
> Don't know about the mueseum, but it wouldn't surprise me - we've got
> museums for almost everything. But there's no law against eating it in
> public.
>
>> They also mentioned that I'd never get to try such a "delicacy"
>> because the American FDA has declared it "unfit for human
>> consumption."
>>
>> Which reminds me, I actually ordered a CD from Norway about two years
>> ago. I think I paid 19 kroners. The name of the currency made me
>> laugh because when I think "crone" I think of a mean old lady. So I
>> bought a CD by selling off 19 grumpy old women.
>>

> Sounds like a good deal - getting rid of 19 grumpies for the price of
> receiving 1 norwegian CD.
>
> Actually "kroner" translates to "crowns".
>
>> It's also fairly close to "scone." Mmm, tasty money!
>>

> :)
>
>> It's interesting that there is an American-themed resturaunt. I
>> wonder...in the US, most foreign food is "Americanized." For example,
>> I seriously doubt anyone in China eats anything I can get in a Chinese
>> resturaunt. I wonder if American resturaunts in Norway are
>> "Norwegianated" somehow.
>>

> I would guess that is the case. I've eaten chinese food in Norway, England
> and the Netherlands. Tasted differently in every country.
>
> --
> pibbur

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:01:22 +0200, Lord Vashnu Dragon
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> In Sweden we have the yucky fish too, and we also have the kronor/crowns.
> But I'm curious about the restaurant - are we talking about TGIF?
> If so, isn't that an international chain?

That's the one. I thought it was american, guess I was fooled by the silly
looking costumes of the wait(er|resse)s

> And while at the subject of food... at IKEA (and normal grocery stores
> too
> for that matter) here in Canada, they proudly sell something they call
> "Swedish Meatballs (product of the U.S)".
> I'm sure they've used a really nice recipe (can't spell that word.
> pibbur,
> you give it a try, ok?)

This is according to http://www.answers.com/recipe&r=67 the official
version: "recipe", give or take a few vowels for compatibility with us|uk
english.

These are pibbur versions:

reicpe
reciep
Rp. Tbl. Tegretol 200mg no C
revcipoe
recioe
recioue
ksajdhf ka
wossname
recipe
re*
r ecipe

This is the Dan Qualye Version:

recipee

And don't forget this one:

wecipe

, but it doesn't taste like any meatballs I've
> had in
> Sweden, ever! So the question is, is there some sort of standardized
> international way of making meatballs "the swedish way" that I don't know
> about?
> And if so, why?

I guess suggesting they should be served with lingon is enough.

> "How much is the fish?"

42

....>

--
pibbur

> That's the one. I thought it was american, guess I was fooled by the silly
> looking costumes of the wait(er|resse)s

I didn't mean to suggest that it's not. Don't know why I wrote what I wrote,
really.
I guess I somehow while reading the post got the idea/feeling that this was
a local thingie, while it to me seemed to be TGIF. Baaaah, enough!

> This is according to http://www.answers.com/recipe&r=67 the official
> version: "recipe", give or take a few vowels for compatibility with us|uk
> english.

I prefer "ksajdhf ka". Good job.

I guess suggesting they should be served with lingon is enough.

A valid point. But still...

>> "How much is the fish?"
> 42

What can I say.... I give you 9 stars for your post. Outstanding today! I
bow to the pibbur.
Who else could've come up with ksajdhf ka, lingon and 42 in the same post,
eh? ;-)

Can't believe I made a smiley face.

LVD

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:20:55 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:01:22 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> In Sweden we have the yucky fish too, and we also have the
>> kronor/crowns.
>
> See, before there was fire NeanderVals had to prep their fish some how.
> So they let it rot and called it good. Or they mixed it with water and
> ashes from the fire (lye) and called it good. Then they learned about
> fire and that is why "good" means "makes me vomit" in north Europe even
> this very day!

Actually "good" means "makes others vomit" (not just Poly). Thus we get
twice the fun.

--
pibbur

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:01:32 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:20:55 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:01:22 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
>> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> In Sweden we have the yucky fish too, and we also have the
>>> kronor/crowns.
>>
>> See, before there was fire NeanderVals had to prep their fish some how.
>> So they let it rot and called it good. Or they mixed it with water and
>> ashes from the fire (lye) and called it good. Then they learned about
>> fire and that is why "good" means "makes me vomit" in north Europe even
>> this very day!
>>
>Actually "good" means "makes others vomit" (not just Poly). Thus we get
>twice the fun.

Hey, I ate Luddafisk (sp?) once. Didn't vomit. It's not vastly different
from eating sardines in a can. Not really my sort of thing. I prefer the
meat cleaned of scales, bones, eyeballs, feces, etc.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth "Zac Bond" <zwb2@cwru.edu>:
> For example, I seriously doubt anyone in China eats anything I can
> get in a Chinese resturaunt.

Pak choi is available in the West, and the sticky rice is probably
similar. :)

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
<snip>
> And while at the subject of food... at IKEA (and normal grocery stores too
> for that matter) here in Canada, they proudly sell something they call
> "Swedish Meatballs (product of the U.S)".

LOL! How weird, but it's very convenient that they actually sell the
frozen version in IKEA (they also sell them cooked in IKEA). I could just
buy them and cook spaghetti without actually make my own meatball. I
actually like it better than American meatball....

> I'm sure they've used a really nice recipe (can't spell that word. pibbur,
> you give it a try, ok?), but it doesn't taste like any meatballs I've had in
> Sweden, ever! So the question is, is there some sort of standardized
> international way of making meatballs "the swedish way" that I don't know
> about?

Geez, how could you not know Americans like to Americanized everything?

--
Ashikaga a27

Eek! pibbur wrote:
> My wife and I have spent a couple of days in our capital, Oslo.
>
> One evening we went to an american restaurant "Friday-Something", and I
> ordered a plate of marinated spare-ribs with cheddar-covered mashed
> potatoes. My wife ordered chicken with french freedoms.

Tranlation from Norweigian to American English:

One evening Pibbur and his wife went to an American restaurant chain, TGI
Friday, and Pibbur ordered a plate of BBQ spare ribs with potato skins.
Pibbur's wife ordered a plate of chicken with freedom fries.

> During the meal, I found myself becoming more and more conservative. I
> found good things to say about mr. Bush. But worst of all, I started
> liking country music. I realized somthing drastic had to be done. I rose
> from my chair and began singing "La Marseillaise", the french national
> anthem. It turned out I wasn't the only one, more than half of the people
> seated joined me, even some of those working there.

Tranlation:

Pibbur was drunk (probably from the ultra sweetened strawberry daiquiry),
and so were all the people who sang French anthem with him in an American
restaurant in Norway.... And his wife didn't do her wifely duty to stop
him for embarrassing her in public....

> When I passed the restaurant later that evening, it was almost deserted,
> and a sign in the window said that 2 persons could eat for the price of
> one.

Translation:

ERROR 390: unable to detect a focal point of the above paragraph....

> The food was excellent, but for a couple of weeks I think will stick to
> norwegian classics such as half-rotten fish (4 different ones), fish
> dissolved in lye and fried sheep's heads

You are weird!

--
Ashikaga a27

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:10:48 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! pibbur wrote:
>> My wife and I have spent a couple of days in our capital, Oslo.
>>
>> One evening we went to an american restaurant "Friday-Something", and I
>> ordered a plate of marinated spare-ribs with cheddar-covered mashed
>> potatoes. My wife ordered chicken with french freedoms.
>
> Tranlation from Norweigian to American English:

"Tranlation", "Norweigian" - someone's trying to impersonate me!

> One evening Pibbur and his wife went to an American restaurant chain, TGI
> Friday, and Pibbur ordered a plate of BBQ spare ribs with potato skins.
> Pibbur's wife ordered a plate of chicken with freedom fries.

I did order mashed potatoes, you know.

>> During the meal, I found myself becoming more and more conservative. I
>> found good things to say about mr. Bush. But worst of all, I started
>> liking country music. I realized somthing drastic had to be done. I rose
>> from my chair and began singing "La Marseillaise", the french national
>> anthem. It turned out I wasn't the only one, more than half of the
>> people
>> seated joined me, even some of those working there.
>
> Tranlation:
>
> Pibbur was drunk (probably from the ultra sweetened strawberry daiquiry)

Yuck! The only alcohol I had was a Kronenborg 1664 (good beer, BTW).

> and so were all the people who sang French anthem with him in an American
> restaurant in Norway.... And his wife didn't do her wifely duty to stop
> him for embarrassing her in public....

Probably because she was busy singing.

>> When I passed the restaurant later that evening, it was almost deserted,
>> and a sign in the window said that 2 persons could eat for the price of
>> one.
>
> Translation:
>
> ERROR 390: unable to detect a focal point of the above paragraph....

Ah, so it is you, Ashi.

>> The food was excellent, but for a couple of weeks I think will stick to
>> norwegian classics such as half-rotten fish (4 different ones), fish
>> dissolved in lye and fried sheep's heads
>
> You are weird!

Thank you.

--
pibbur

"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> <snip>
>> And while at the subject of food... at IKEA (and normal grocery stores
>> too
>> for that matter) here in Canada, they proudly sell something they call
>> "Swedish Meatballs (product of the U.S)".
>
> LOL! How weird, but it's very convenient that they actually sell the
> frozen version in IKEA (they also sell them cooked in IKEA). I could just
> buy them and cook spaghetti without actually make my own meatball. I
> actually like it better than American meatball....

Yeah, I (used to, back in the old country) like it that way too since I
can't cook worth a damn.
But I would never go to IKEA to buy them. Dang this continent!

>> I'm sure they've used a really nice recipe (can't spell that word.
>> pibbur,
>> you give it a try, ok?), but it doesn't taste like any meatballs I've had
>> in
>> Sweden, ever! So the question is, is there some sort of standardized
>> international way of making meatballs "the swedish way" that I don't know
>> about?
>
> Geez, how could you not know Americans like to Americanized everything?

Hehee, true. But I would have thought they would call it "Swedish
Meatballs - Made THE AMERICAN WAY".

LVD

Heheheheeee, what the hell?!?

Eek! pibbur wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>> Eek! pibbur wrote:
>>> My wife and I have spent a couple of days in our capital, Oslo.
>>>
>>> One evening we went to an american restaurant "Friday-Something", and I
>>> ordered a plate of marinated spare-ribs with cheddar-covered mashed
>>> potatoes. My wife ordered chicken with french freedoms.
>>
>> Tranlation from Norweigian to American English:
>
> "Tranlation", "Norweigian" - someone's trying to impersonate me!

I'm on Pibbur emulation (running on Ashi hardware).

>> One evening Pibbur and his wife went to an American restaurant chain, TGI
>> Friday, and Pibbur ordered a plate of BBQ spare ribs with potato skins.
>> Pibbur's wife ordered a plate of chicken with freedom fries.
>>
> I did order mashed potatoes, you know.

Maybe that wasn't chedder, but leftover gravy that got hardened....

>>> During the meal, I found myself becoming more and more conservative. I
>>> found good things to say about mr. Bush. But worst of all, I started
>>> liking country music. I realized somthing drastic had to be done. I rose
>>> from my chair and began singing "La Marseillaise", the french national
>>> anthem. It turned out I wasn't the only one, more than half of the
>>> people
>>> seated joined me, even some of those working there.
>>
>> Tranlation:
>>
>> Pibbur was drunk (probably from the ultra sweetened strawberry daiquiry)
>
> Yuck! The only alcohol I had was a Kronenborg 1664 (good beer, BTW).

I didn't know beer could vintage.... But then, you guys age your fish....

>> and so were all the people who sang French anthem with him in an American
>> restaurant in Norway.... And his wife didn't do her wifely duty to stop
>> him for embarrassing her in public....
>
> Probably because she was busy singing.

I suppose that's how you guys get together.

>>> When I passed the restaurant later that evening, it was almost deserted,
>>> and a sign in the window said that 2 persons could eat for the price of
>>> one.
>>
>> Translation:
>>
>> ERROR 390: unable to detect a focal point of the above paragraph....
>
> Ah, so it is you, Ashi.

Yes. Who could be silly like me? Oops..., wrong group. You guys can be
very "silly"....

>>> The food was excellent, but for a couple of weeks I think will stick to
>>> norwegian classics such as half-rotten fish (4 different ones), fish
>>> dissolved in lye and fried sheep's heads
>>
>> You are weird!
>>
> Thank you.

Yes?

--
Ashikaga a27

Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> "Ashikaga" wrote...
<snip>
>> LOL! How weird, but it's very convenient that they actually sell the
>> frozen version in IKEA (they also sell them cooked in IKEA). I could just
>> buy them and cook spaghetti without actually make my own meatball. I
>> actually like it better than American meatball....
>
> Yeah, I (used to, back in the old country) like it that way too since I
> can't cook worth a damn.

So can you cook now that worth a whore?

> But I would never go to IKEA to buy them. Dang this continent!

Why? I thought they have IKEA in Canada, too.

<snip>
>> Geez, how could you not know Americans like to Americanized everything?
>
> Hehee, true. But I would have thought they would call it "Swedish
> Meatballs - Made THE AMERICAN WAY".

Then who would buy them? See..., Americans who want to buy foreign goods
are those who like something with exotic labels. If I see a label like
that, I would think it's just another supermarket stuff and pass.

--
Ashikaga a27

> Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
>> "Ashikaga" wrote...
> <snip>
>>> LOL! How weird, but it's very convenient that they actually sell the
>>> frozen version in IKEA (they also sell them cooked in IKEA). I could
>>> just
>>> buy them and cook spaghetti without actually make my own meatball. I
>>> actually like it better than American meatball....
>>
>> Yeah, I (used to, back in the old country) like it that way too since I
>> can't cook worth a damn.
>
> So can you cook now that worth a whore?

I'm not sure how to reply to this.... I don't quite understand the sentence.
Bloody language!!

>> But I would never go to IKEA to buy them. Dang this continent!
>
> Why? I thought they have IKEA in Canada, too.

They sure do, but I wouldn't take the time to go there just to buy frozen
meatballs that I could as easily get at the grocery store. Granted, they
don't have as big of a selection as they do in swedish grocery stores, but
you get what I mean. I hope. Whore?

> Then who would buy them? See..., Americans who want to buy foreign goods
> are those who like something with exotic labels. If I see a label like
> that, I would think it's just another supermarket stuff and pass.

Aah. I see. Well, it would've worked out better for me if the lil bag of
frozen meatballs had just said "Swedish meatballs" without the "product of
the U.S". Frozen patriotic balls doesn't do it for me.

LVD

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:17:44 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> So can you cook now that worth a whore?
>
>I'm not sure how to reply to this.... I don't quite understand the sentence.
>Bloody language!!

No one understands it. I think the Ashi filter needs fixing.

--

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:17:44 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>> So can you cook now that worth a whore?
>>
>>I'm not sure how to reply to this.... I don't quite understand the
>>sentence.
>>Bloody language!!
>
> No one understands it. I think the Ashi filter needs fixing.

Hehee. Should've known.

"pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:09:14 +0200, Zac Bond <zwb2@cwru.edu> wrote:
>
>> It's interesting that there is an American-themed resturaunt. I
>> wonder...in the US, most foreign food is "Americanized." For example,
>> I seriously doubt anyone in China eats anything I can get in a Chinese
>> resturaunt. I wonder if American resturaunts in Norway are
>> "Norwegianated" somehow.
>>
> I would guess that is the case. I've eaten chinese food in Norway, England
> and the Netherlands. Tasted differently in every country.

It also probably has to do with the fact that even the basic ingredients
like vegetables, meat etc. don't always quite taste the same in every
country either, because of the climate differences and suchlike.

- GSD

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:39:04 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! pibbur wrote:
>> Ashikaga wrote:

>>> Tranlation from Norweigian to American English:
>>
>> "Tranlation", "Norweigian" - someone's trying to impersonate me!
>
> I'm on Pibbur emulation (running on Ashi hardware).

:)

>>> One evening Pibbur and his wife went to an American restaurant chain,
>>> TGI
>>> Friday, and Pibbur ordered a plate of BBQ spare ribs with potato skins.
>>> Pibbur's wife ordered a plate of chicken with freedom fries.
>>>
>> I did order mashed potatoes, you know.
>
> Maybe that wasn't chedder, but leftover gravy that got hardened....

That's definitely a possibility. I thought this was how americans
preferred it.

>>> Tranlation:
>>>
>>> Pibbur was drunk (probably from the ultra sweetened strawberry
>>> daiquiry)
>>
>> Yuck! The only alcohol I had was a Kronenborg 1664 (good beer, BTW).
>
> I didn't know beer could vintage.... But then, you guys age your
> fish....

Kronenbo(u?)rg 1664 is a french beer. And no, I'm not making fun of uk/us
spelling here.

>>> and so were all the people who sang French anthem with him in an
>>> American
>>> restaurant in Norway.... And his wife didn't do her wifely duty to
>>> stop
>>> him for embarrassing her in public....
>>
>> Probably because she was busy singing.
>
> I suppose that's how you guys get together.

What really got us together were the comic books about Asterix and his
brave gauls.

>>> Translation:
>>>
>>> ERROR 390: unable to detect a focal point of the above paragraph....
>>
>> Ah, so it is you, Ashi.
>
> Yes. Who could be silly like me? Oops..., wrong group. You guys can be
> very "silly"....

Takes one to know one.

>>> You are weird!
>>>
>> Thank you.
>
> Yes?

Yes.

--
pibbur

Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> "Ashikaga" wrote...
<snip>
>>> Yeah, I (used to, back in the old country) like it that way too since I
>>> can't cook worth a damn.
>>
>> So can you cook now that worth a whore?
>
> I'm not sure how to reply to this.... I don't quite understand the sentence.
> Bloody language!!

Damn is also short for madam, so I was only asking you whether you can cook
that worth a whore at least. Don't you want a whore? I thought every guy
wants a whore.... ;-)

>>> But I would never go to IKEA to buy them. Dang this continent!
>>
>> Why? I thought they have IKEA in Canada, too.
>
> They sure do, but I wouldn't take the time to go there just to buy frozen
> meatballs that I could as easily get at the grocery store. Granted, they
> don't have as big of a selection as they do in swedish grocery stores, but
> you get what I mean. I hope.

But you can find stuff there that you can't found in other store. Like
salmon paste in a tube....

> Whore?

Are you one? :-D

>> Then who would buy them? See..., Americans who want to buy foreign goods
>> are those who like something with exotic labels. If I see a label like
>> that, I would think it's just another supermarket stuff and pass.
>
> Aah. I see. Well, it would've worked out better for me if the lil bag of
> frozen meatballs had just said "Swedish meatballs" without the "product of
> the U.S". Frozen patriotic balls doesn't do it for me.

Frozen patriotic balls sounds like it'll stay potent for the next millenium
(and pass on its genes to ensure the growth of console game sales). :-/

--
Ashikaga a27

> Damn is also short for madam, so I was only asking you whether you can
> cook
> that worth a whore at least. Don't you want a whore? I thought every guy
> wants a whore.... ;-)

Damn is short for madam? That's new.... I've learned something today. Yeey
me! Whore!!

>> Whore?
>
> Are you one? :-D

I'm not sure. What are the requirements? Do I need to fill out forms and
stuff?

LVD

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:12:21 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>> Damn is also short for madam, so I was only asking you whether you can
>> cook
>> that worth a whore at least. Don't you want a whore? I thought every guy
>> wants a whore.... ;-)
>
>Damn is short for madam? That's new.... I've learned something today. Yeey
>me! Whore!!

Don't believe everything a child tells you.

--

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:12:21 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>> Damn is also short for madam, so I was only asking you whether you can
>>> cook
>>> that worth a whore at least. Don't you want a whore? I thought every
>>> guy
>>> wants a whore.... ;-)
>>
>>Damn is short for madam? That's new.... I've learned something today. Yeey
>>me! Whore!!
>
> Don't believe everything a child tells you.

How do I know who's a child and who's not...?

LVD