System Repair

I'm able to perform a System Repair because I received a Reinstallion CD for
XP SP1 with my computer. My father on the other hand, purchased his XP disc
separately and I don't believe he has the Reinstall disc. Can one perform the
Systen Repair with XP Install disc, or does it HAVE to be the Reinstallion
CD? If not, can you purchase the Reinstallation CD for XP SP1? Thank you.
Tom
3 answers Last reply
More about system repair

    The XP disc is capable of making a non detructive system repair.
    peterk
    the problem
    "Tom B." <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm able to perform a System Repair because I received a Reinstallion CD
    > for
    > XP SP1 with my computer. My father on the other hand, purchased his XP
    > disc
    > separately and I don't believe he has the Reinstall disc. Can one perform
    > the
    > Systen Repair with XP Install disc, or does it HAVE to be the Reinstallion
    > CD? If not, can you purchase the Reinstallation CD for XP SP1? Thank you.
    > Tom

    Thank you! That was very helpful. Tom

    Tom B. wrote:

    > I'm able to perform a System Repair because I received a Reinstallion CD for
    > XP SP1 with my computer. My father on the other hand, purchased his XP disc
    > separately and I don't believe he has the Reinstall disc. Can one perform the
    > Systen Repair with XP Install disc, or does it HAVE to be the Reinstallion
    > CD? If not, can you purchase the Reinstallation CD for XP SP1? Thank you.
    > Tom

    The editions and types of XP have to match. Your's is an OEM type, is it
    Pro or Home? What type CD does your father have, Pro, Home, OEM or retail?

    Steve

CD-Rom Windows XP