Which brand of refrigerator would you recommend?

Hi, :-)

So maybe Poly would get personal with a certain brand ;-), but which brand
would you recommend? I am thinking about a french door model or a bottom
mount model that's energy efficient and with well-organized shelf space.

--
Ashikaga a27
16 answers Last reply

    Anyone wanna bet how many seconds it will take before pibbur suggests a
    Norge?

    http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78anerds.phtml

    LVD

    "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, :-)
    >
    > So maybe Poly would get personal with a certain brand ;-), but which brand
    > would you recommend? I am thinking about a french door model or a bottom
    > mount model that's energy efficient and with well-organized shelf space.
    >
    > --
    > Ashikaga a27
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:17:17 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hi, :-)
    >
    >So maybe Poly would get personal with a certain brand ;-), but which brand
    >would you recommend? I am thinking about a french door model or a bottom
    >mount model that's energy efficient and with well-organized shelf space.

    I think that all the major brands are pretty comparable so what you need
    to look for are the features you want. If you're willing to choose a
    color that is not "in style" it can be substantially cheaper. Consumer
    Reports did a review last November and the 3 models they recommended were:
    Amana ASD2628HE, GE GSS25JFP, and the Kenmore (Sears) 5538.

    I've always had just a top freezer model, but the next time mine dies
    (which should be any day now with all the remains, er, meat I have stored
    in it) I think I will look into one of the more efficient non-frostfree
    models with very thick insulated walls. Features I want: filtered water
    for the icemaker with a replaceable filter and a spiffy stainless steel
    exterior that resists blood. A french door model with the freezer at the
    bottom will be more efficient too. Sun Frost and Maytag both have
    possible candidates.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
    > Anyone wanna bet how many seconds it will take before pibbur suggests a
    > Norge?
    >
    > http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78anerds.phtml

    You are so nerdy.... May I suggests that Norge is short for "nerdy
    frige"???

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    > Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
    >> Anyone wanna bet how many seconds it will take before pibbur suggests a
    >> Norge?
    >>
    >> http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78anerds.phtml
    >
    > You are so nerdy.... May I suggests that Norge is short for "nerdy
    > frige"???

    Thank thee, thank thee.

    May I suggest that Norge relates to Norway the same way Sverige relates to
    Sweden, or Nippon to Japan. Or some such.

    Who wouldn't want a nerdy fridge....? You see, even if they're nerdy,
    they're still cool!
    MOHAHAHAHAAAAA!! Gosh, I'm funny.

    LVD
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
    > "Ashikaga" wrote...
    >> Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
    >>> Anyone wanna bet how many seconds it will take before pibbur suggests a
    >>> Norge?
    >>>
    >>> http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78anerds.phtml
    >>
    >> You are so nerdy.... May I suggests that Norge is short for "nerdy
    >> frige"???
    >
    > Thank thee, thank thee.
    >
    > May I suggest that Norge relates to Norway the same way Sverige relates to
    > Sweden, or Nippon to Japan. Or some such.
    >
    > Who wouldn't want a nerdy fridge....? You see, even if they're nerdy,
    > they're still cool!
    > MOHAHAHAHAAAAA!! Gosh, I'm funny.

    (*groans*) Yeah..., you are so funny and I am about to reach my orgasm.
    (*rolls eyes*)

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Hi, :-)
    >
    >So maybe Poly would get personal with a certain brand ;-), but which brand
    >would you recommend? I am thinking about a french door model or a bottom
    >mount model that's energy efficient and with well-organized shelf space.
    We've had our current Whirlpool for over 20 years with only one
    evaporator fan motor replacement, which I did. Good brand!
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "That's the great thing about being dumb -
    You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
    -"Frog" from Best Of The West
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Polychromic wrote:
    > Ashikaga wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, :-)
    >>
    >>So maybe Poly would get personal with a certain brand ;-), but which brand
    >>would you recommend? I am thinking about a french door model or a bottom
    >>mount model that's energy efficient and with well-organized shelf space.
    >
    > I think that all the major brands are pretty comparable so what you need
    > to look for are the features you want. If you're willing to choose a
    > color that is not "in style" it can be substantially cheaper. Consumer
    > Reports did a review last November and the 3 models they recommended were:
    > Amana ASD2628HE, GE GSS25JFP, and the Kenmore (Sears) 5538.
    >
    > I've always had just a top freezer model, but the next time mine dies
    > (which should be any day now with all the remains, er, meat I have stored
    > in it) I think I will look into one of the more efficient non-frostfree
    > models with very thick insulated walls. Features I want: filtered water
    > for the icemaker with a replaceable filter and a spiffy stainless steel
    > exterior that resists blood. A french door model with the freezer at the
    > bottom will be more efficient too. Sun Frost and Maytag both have
    > possible candidates.

    Same thing for me. The newer model puts the filter inside the frige so
    it's more energy efficient. I was looking at Maytag too. I'll check out
    the three models you recommended. Thanks. :-)

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
    > Ashikaga wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, :-)
    >>
    >>So maybe Poly would get personal with a certain brand ;-), but which brand
    >>would you recommend? I am thinking about a french door model or a bottom
    >>mount model that's energy efficient and with well-organized shelf space.
    > We've had our current Whirlpool for over 20 years with only one
    > evaporator fan motor replacement, which I did. Good brand!

    I also checked them out because Whirlpool's stuffs are indeed very reliable
    in my experience.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Ashikaga wrote:
    > Eek! Polychromic wrote:
    <snip>
    >> I think that all the major brands are pretty comparable so what you need
    >> to look for are the features you want. If you're willing to choose a
    >> color that is not "in style" it can be substantially cheaper. Consumer
    >> Reports did a review last November and the 3 models they recommended were:
    >> Amana ASD2628HE, GE GSS25JFP, and the Kenmore (Sears) 5538.
    <snip>
    > Same thing for me. The newer model puts the filter inside the frige so
    > it's more energy efficient. I was looking at Maytag too. I'll check out
    > the three models you recommended. Thanks. :-)

    Checked them out..., they are side-by-side models, which are not very
    energy efficient.... That's the whole reason I want to buy new frige,
    because our 15 years old model is not very efficient.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Polychromic wrote:

    > a spiffy stainless steel exterior that resists blood.

    I haven't had much experience with stainless steel appliances, but from
    what I've heard they're very hard to keep looking clean - they develop
    streaks and oil spots easily.

    --
    Cape Dweller Dragon
    Remember, I've got a debt to pay. It's about quantity, not quality.

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:19:44 -0400, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net>
    wrote:

    >Polychromic wrote:
    >
    >> a spiffy stainless steel exterior that resists blood.
    >
    >I haven't had much experience with stainless steel appliances, but from
    >what I've heard they're very hard to keep looking clean - they develop
    >streaks and oil spots easily.

    Well, you see that is why they developed towels. For cleaning. You know
    that you can wipe a appliance clean. Kind of neat, eh?

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> is hoopy:

    > Well, you see that is why they developed towels. For cleaning. You know
    > that you can wipe a appliance clean. Kind of neat, eh?

    Cleaning? Towels can be used for cleaning, too!? Wonders shall never cease!

    --
    zhentil
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:41:41 GMT, <zhentil@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> is hoopy:
    >
    >> Well, you see that is why they developed towels. For cleaning. You know
    >> that you can wipe a appliance clean. Kind of neat, eh?
    >
    >Cleaning? Towels can be used for cleaning, too!? Wonders shall never cease!
    Towels are the most important thing you can carry.
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "That's the great thing about being dumb -
    You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
    -"Frog" from Best Of The West
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:13:07 GMT, Optician Dragon
    <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

    >On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:41:41 GMT, <zhentil@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >
    >>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> is hoopy:
    >>
    >>> Well, you see that is why they developed towels. For cleaning. You know
    >>> that you can wipe a appliance clean. Kind of neat, eh?
    >>
    >>Cleaning? Towels can be used for cleaning, too!? Wonders shall never cease!
    >Towels are the most important thing you can carry.

    That and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Polychromic wrote:

    > On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:13:07 GMT, Optician Dragon
    > <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:41:41 GMT, <zhentil@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> is hoopy:

    >>>Cleaning? Towels can be used for cleaning, too!? Wonders shall never
    >>>cease!
    >>Towels are the most important thing you can carry.
    >
    > That and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

    I made some of those in Duke 3D many years ago. They were great!
    You threw one, and then everything stopped while a terrible voice said
    'ZARDOZ IS PLEASED!'. And when the voice finished speaking, everyone who
    was found being naughty in His sight did snuff it.

    You had to throw one and then quickly run round the corner to avoid being
    converted into a small pool of blood.

    The funny thing was it smashed all the bottles and clocks and everything in
    the whole city, but left the people intact (except those who looked into
    the eyes of God, of course).

    --
    JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
    Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:47:17 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:13:07 GMT, Optician Dragon
    ><DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:41:41 GMT, <zhentil@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> is hoopy:

    >>>Cleaning? Towels can be used for cleaning, too!? Wonders shall never cease!
    >>Towels are the most important thing you can carry.
    >
    >That and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
    And the count is three...
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "That's the great thing about being dumb -
    You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
    -"Frog" from Best Of The West

Computers Games Video Games