hello this is my question ..I got windows xp home for my windows start up
,and windows xp professional for my office ,I want to upgrade my windows xp
home to a professional how I can do it....? thanks

luishugo wrote:
> hello this is my question ..I got windows xp home for my windows start up
> ,and windows xp professional for my office ,I want to upgrade my windows xp
> home to a professional how I can do it....? thanks

Purchase a copy of WinXP Pro Upgrade, and install it.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

An upgrade to Windows XP Pro will not affect your current programs or files
if you use the following procedure:

1. Purchase a conventional "Retail Upgrade Version" of Windows XP Professional.
2. Uninstall your antivirus program.
3. Perform a backup of your important documents and files to a CD.
4. Disconnect all hardware peripheral devices, except the monitor, keyboard and mouse.
5. While running Windows XP Home, insert the Windows XP Pro CD in the drive and select
the default "Upgrade" setup option. [Do not select "New Installation"]
6. Visit the Windows Update site to download all the critical updates.
7. Reinstall your antivirus program and defrag your drive.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

In news:F7AE271D-9675-4841-B814-B0ECCB2864EC@microsoft.com,
luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> hello this is my question ..I got windows xp home for my
> windows
> start up ,and windows xp professional for my office ,I want to
> upgrade my windows xp home to a professional how I can do
> it....?
> thanks

You buy a copy of the Windows XP Professional Upgrade and
install it.

But are you sure you want to do this? Are you aware that XP Home
and Professional are identical except that Professional includes
a few features (mostly related to security and networking)
missing from Home? Most home users don't need and would never use
these extra features and will see no benefits by upgrading.

Please reply to the newsgroup

thanks amigos ......I allready read a xp pro and xp home and I will not
upgrade ...looks similar...thanks

"luishugo" <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello this is my question ..I got windows xp home for my windows start up
> ,and windows xp professional for my office ,I want to upgrade my windows
> xp
> home to a professional how I can do it....? thanks

Go to a computer shop.
Give them money, in return they will give you a copy of the program you ask
for.
Run the program on your computer.

In news:87CB1998-429A-499B-A717-ECECD820FF2E@microsoft.com,
luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> thanks amigos ......I allready read a xp pro and xp home and I
> will
> not upgrade ...looks similar...thanks

You're welcome. Glad to help.