cannot delete url

There is a website in my address box and i can't get rid of it. I deleted
history, temporary internet files, and cookies and it is still there. Help
would be appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot delete

    Third-party solution:

    System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
    and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
    clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
    Windows Temp Folder and much more.
    http://www.igorshpak.net/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "schwab" wrote:

    | There is a website in my address box and i can't get rid of it. I deleted
    | history, temporary internet files, and cookies and it is still there. Help
    | would be appreciated

    Have you tried IE-Tools-Internet Options-Content-AutoComplete?

    How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217148

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, schwab
    <schwab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >There is a website in my address box and i can't get rid of it. I deleted
    >history, temporary internet files, and cookies and it is still there. Help
    >would be appreciated

    yes i have tried autocomplete

    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > Have you tried IE-Tools-Internet Options-Content-AutoComplete?
    >
    > How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217148
    >
    > ....Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, schwab
    > <schwab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >There is a website in my address box and i can't get rid of it. I deleted
    > >history, temporary internet files, and cookies and it is still there. Help
    > >would be appreciated

    Delete the History folder and index.dat:
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    Scan for Malware
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "schwab" <schwab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > yes i have tried autocomplete
    >
    > "Alan Edwards" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried IE-Tools-Internet Options-Content-AutoComplete?
    >>
    >> How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217148
    >>
    >> ....Alan
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, schwab
    >> <schwab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >There is a website in my address box and i can't get rid of it. I
    >> >deleted
    >> >history, temporary internet files, and cookies and it is still there.
    >> >Help
    >> >would be appreciated

Microsoft Windows XP