Please get out of my house!

I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's nice
for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE ALREADY!

--
Cape Dweller Dragon
Remember, I've got a debt to pay. It's about quantity, not quality.

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:58:28 +0200, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:

> I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's nice
> for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE ALREADY!

You've got grandchildren?

// does a swift calculation of age of parent plus age of adult children

So you're not like the major bunch of dragons here, just passed the age of
wearing diapers.

--
pibbur - in a confused state - dragon

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:34:33 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:58:28 +0200, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:
>
>> I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's nice
>> for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE ALREADY!
>>

>You've got grandchildren?

Or he has grandparents.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:04:12 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:34:33 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:58:28 +0200, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's
>>> nice
>>> for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE
>>> ALREADY!
>>>

>> You've got grandchildren?
>
> Or he has grandparents.

Or he has children and THEY have grandparents.

Or I don't know what I'm talking about.

--
pibbur

thehawk

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

pibbur wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:58:28 +0200, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:
>
>> I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's nice
>> for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE ALREADY!
>>

> You've got grandchildren?
>
> // does a swift calculation of age of parent plus age of adult children
>
> So you're not like the major bunch of dragons here, just passed the age
> of wearing diapers.

If I remember recent past postings of the Cape Dweller correctly, -he-
is the one with a child or children (quite young, if I remember right),
so I am guessing it is his (or, *chuckles* likely -her-) parents who are
coming to visit.

-thehawk

Words to the wise, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:

>I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's nice
>for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE ALREADY!

Aaaah, the quiet closeness of family life :>

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:14:02 +0200, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
wrote:

> pibbur wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:58:28 +0200, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's
>>> nice
>>> for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE
>>> ALREADY!
>>>
>> You've got grandchildren?
>> // does a swift calculation of age of parent plus age of adult children
>> So you're not like the major bunch of dragons here, just passed the
>> age of wearing diapers.
>>
> If I remember recent past postings of the Cape Dweller correctly, -he-
> is the one with a child or children (quite young, if I remember right),
> so I am guessing it is his (or, *chuckles* likely -her-) parents who are
> coming to visit.

I came to the same conclusion, after pondering for half a day or so.

--
pibbur, who based on another thread thinks he need some more busses

Claus Dragon wrote:

>>I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's nice
>>for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE ALREADY!
>
> Aaaah, the quiet closeness of family life :>

Sigh! I wish they were quiet sometimes. This is partly why I tend to stay
up quite a bit later then everyone else - to get some peace. The problem
is that Siana has the notion that if we're both awake in the same room
together and not talking it's because someone is upset. I tend to think
that talking invites worse problems :)

--

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:45:02 +0200, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:

> Claus Dragon wrote:
>
>>> I know it's only for a little over a month every few years, and it's
>>> nice
>>> for the kids to get to know their grandparents, but PLEASE LEAVE
>>> ALREADY!
>>
>> Aaaah, the quiet closeness of family life :>
>
> Sigh! I wish they were quiet sometimes. This is partly why I tend to stay
> up quite a bit later then everyone else - to get some peace. The problem
> is that Siana has the notion that if we're both awake in the same room
> together and not talking it's because someone is upset. I tend to think
> that talking invites worse problems :)

Play Genesis "Get 'em out by friday" repeatedly. Maybe they'll get a hint?

Or, if you have access to it: Let your TV show Fox news continuously. I
would run away from that.

--
pibbur

Words to the wise, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:

>> Aaaah, the quiet closeness of family life :>
>
>Sigh! I wish they were quiet sometimes. This is partly why I tend to stay
>up quite a bit later then everyone else - to get some peace. The problem
>is that Siana has the notion that if we're both awake in the same room
>together and not talking it's because someone is upset. I tend to think
>that talking invites worse problems :)

Yeah, I know that from somewhere.