What I have learned today

I ought to wear my hair in a pony-tail when painting the floor.

--
pibbur dragon, who is happy to know that a) he painted the floor white,
and b) he's old enough to have a couple of white stripes (good band, btw)

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:01:41 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>I ought to wear my hair in a pony-tail when painting the floor.

Or ... don't use your hair to paint with!

Waitaminute, you do mean hair on your scalp, right?

Eiiiiuuuu.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:02:07 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:01:41 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>
>> I ought to wear my hair in a pony-tail when painting the floor.
>
> Or ... don't use your hair to paint with!
>
> Waitaminute, you do mean hair on your scalp, right?
>
> Eiiiiuuuu.

What hair did Poly think of first .....

Eiiiiuuuu.
--
pibbur

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:29:12 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:02:07 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:01:41 GMT, pibbur
>> <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>>
>>> I ought to wear my hair in a pony-tail when painting the floor.
>>
>> Or ... don't use your hair to paint with!
>>
>> Waitaminute, you do mean hair on your scalp, right?
>>
>> Eiiiiuuuu.
>>
>What hair did Poly think of first .....
>
>Eiiiiuuuu.

It's really long enough to wear in a pony tail?

Eiiiu. At least it's sort of in the right area for a tail.

--

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Pibbur wrote:
>> Polychromic wrote:

>>> Or ... don't use your hair to paint with!
>>>
>>> Waitaminute, you do mean hair on your scalp, right?
>>>
>>> Eiiiiuuuu.
>>>
>>What hair did Poly think of first .....
>>
>>Eiiiiuuuu.
>
> It's really long enough to wear in a pony tail?
>
> Eiiiu. At least it's sort of in the right area for a tail.

You guys are so weird. Back when it was my time, it's not okay to joking
about that kind of subject. Nowadays, kids think it's cool to be so weird.
I know..., as if I am older than you guys. ;-p

--
Ashikaga a27

"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> Pibbur wrote:

>>>What hair did Poly think of first .....
>>>
>>>Eiiiiuuuu.
>>
>> It's really long enough to wear in a pony tail?
>>
>> Eiiiu. At least it's sort of in the right area for a tail.
>
> You guys are so weird. Back when it was my time, it's not okay to joking
> about that kind of subject. Nowadays, kids think it's cool to be so
> weird.
> I know..., as if I am older than you guys. ;-p

When it was your time...?

"The Age of Ashi"?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:01:41 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>I ought to wear my hair in a pony-tail when painting the floor.
you old hippie you! Now when I toss my head, people blanch from the
glare! :)
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"That's the great thing about being dumb -
You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
-"Frog" from Best Of The West

Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> "Ashikaga" wrote...
<snip>
>> You guys are so weird. Back when it was my time, it's not okay to joking
>> about that kind of subject. Nowadays, kids think it's cool to be so
>> weird. I know..., as if I am older than you guys. ;-p
>
> When it was your time...?
>
> "The Age of Ashi"?

Actually officially it's called Ashikaga (or Muromachi) Shogunate, but
Ashian age is fine (because it's my age, so I can call it whatever I like!
:p).

--
Ashikaga a27

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:41:06 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
>> "Ashikaga" wrote...
> <snip>
>>> You guys are so weird. Back when it was my time, it's not okay to
>>> joking
>>> about that kind of subject. Nowadays, kids think it's cool to be so
>>> weird. I know..., as if I am older than you guys. ;-p
>>
>> When it was your time...?
>>
>> "The Age of Ashi"?
>
> Actually officially it's called Ashikaga (or Muromachi) Shogunate, but
> Ashian age is fine (because it's my age, so I can call it whatever I
> like!
> :p).

Are you D'ni?

--
pibbur, now where did I put that book

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:45:01 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>DOTT, the best I've ever played.

Isn't that freeware or something now? I recall playing it on my C=128 but
I don't think I finished it. Too cartoony for my taste I guess.

--

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:45:01 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>
>>DOTT, the best I've ever played.
>
> Isn't that freeware or something now? I recall playing it on my C=128 but
> I don't think I finished it. Too cartoony for my taste I guess.

DOTT, makes me think of Sam & Max...

I first started with text adventures though. I'm trying to think of the very
first one I tried... I think it was Wishbringer. Later on, I of course
purchased the Lost Treasures of Infocom.

I guess the first "real" adventure game that I played was one of the King's
Quest's.

LVD

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:36:56 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:45:01 GMT, pibbur
>> <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>>
>>>DOTT, the best I've ever played.
>>
>> Isn't that freeware or something now? I recall playing it on my C=128 but
>> I don't think I finished it. Too cartoony for my taste I guess.
>
>DOTT, makes me think of Sam & Max...
>
>I first started with text adventures though. I'm trying to think of the very
>first one I tried... I think it was Wishbringer. Later on, I of course
>purchased the Lost Treasures of Infocom.

Mine was Colossal Cave (I think) on some Univ of Cali mainframe through a
old black and whitish terminal. When I later got Zork for my C= it
brought back a lot of memories.

>I guess the first "real" adventure game that I played was one of the King's
>Quest's.

Text adventure games aren't real? Which is more real, the "bang your head
against the parser" or the "pixel hunt" kind?

--

Words to the wise, "Lord Vashnu Dragon" <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>> I know..., as if I am older than you guys. ;-p
>
>When it was your time...?
>
>"The Age of Ashi"?

That was the time when everyone thought that business students were
the salt of the earth? :)

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:30:42 +0200, Claus Dragon
<claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>Words to the wise, "Lord Vashnu Dragon" <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>> I know..., as if I am older than you guys. ;-p
>>
>>When it was your time...?
>>
>>"The Age of Ashi"?
>
>That was the time when everyone thought that business students were
>the salt of the earth? :)

In ancient times we'd burn down your village and salt the fields around it
to prevent crops from being grown there. So being the "salt of the earth"
might not be a good thing.

--

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>
>>I don't like Myst. It's not an old school adventure game. :p
>
> My favorite adventure game would be GK2. What's yours?
>
> I wonder what the best adventure games in the last few years are?
> I have one called Still Life that I haven't played yet.

King's Quest 5 was the first adventure I played. I later on purchased the
whole collection (prior to KQ7's release). I found KQ6 to be the best of
the bunch, which is co-designed with Jane Jensen, the wiz behind Gabriel
Knight series.

GK1 is my favorite adventure of all time, GK2 is close, and it's my
brother's favorite.

Don't forget about Tex Murphy games. Too bad Access became a victim of
Microsoft just for it's Link games (and they stopped adventure game
production right after the acquisition). Access makes some of the most
memorable adventure games not just Tex Murphy, but Countdown was really
good too.

The Last Express from Jordan Mechner is very well done, I thought. It was
too expensive to make for its time and it never pulled off its budget.
Otherwise, in term of storyline and artistic value, it's a very unique
game.

Lucas Arts make a lot of classics. I love Sam 'n Max. Full Throttle was
really good too. I am surprised nobody mentioned Monkey Island!

Into the post prime era, Sanitarium is good. And the "modern classic" I
think is Longest Journey though lots of people love it, I couldn't finish
it because it's very long....

--
Ashikaga a27

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Claus Dragon wrote:
>>Words to the wise, "Lord Vashnu Dragon" <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
<snip>
>>>"The Age of Ashi"?
>>
>>That was the time when everyone thought that business students were
>>the salt of the earth? :)
>
> In ancient times we'd burn down your village and salt the fields around it
> to prevent crops from being grown there. So being the "salt of the earth"
> might not be a good thing.

Thank you for clarify that. Of course I am the salt of the earth and you
guys are all slugs. :p

--
Ashikaga a27

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 04:16:09 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Silent Hills and Resident Evil are both very scary FPS style horror stuff.
>They are alright, but they are too scary to play for me.... But for good

Too scary? Do you walk around in your creaking apartment in the dark late
and night and then (thinking of things like scenes from The Sixth Sense)
go scrambling in delicious fear into a lit room, certain that imminent
horrific death follows you? Cool!

I haven't tried those yet. Putting them on the list.

>horror adventure games, I thought Shadow of the Comet was pretty good.

That was the one where you're in a submarine part of the time? It was the
second in an unfinished series, wasn't it? I like Cthulhu stuff. One day
maybe those Headfirst boneheads (hehe) will finish their Cthulhu game, eh?
http://www.callofcthulhu.com. It's getting rather long in the tooth. :)

>Newer horror adventure games usually aren't even very scary. I think I
>like some more of those psychological thriller games. Blackstone Chronical
>has some bugs, but one gets to read some archaic psychiatric practices
>throughout the game so it builds up some atmosphere, which I thought it was
>fun. Let and pre-frontal labotomy, anyone?

How about Phantasmagoria? Did you ever play either of those? I liked the
first one.

Oh good heavens, this stir fry is too hot. *panting*

>> When is Gothic III coming out? Did anyone make a Gothic Dragons club yet?
>> :)
>
>You could. But I haven't played any of the two Gothic games yet
>(*blushes*)

You really ought to get them if you're not afraid of a some hack and
slashy, weird keyboard, no mouse, RPGing. They are so choice. If you
have the means I highly recommend you pick them up. /paraphrasing Ferris

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

> Can't say I've tried Silent Hill(s?) or the R.E. sequels.
> Come to think of it, aren't the Resident Evil kinds of games just Alone in
> the Dark copies? Even if it is, RE made a bigger impression on me, prolly
> because of the dog incident.

As I re-read the post that I replied to, it says that those games are FPS
games.
Probably the first Resident Evil game was an "Alone in the Dark" look-alike,
with pre-set camera angles and stuff. And the sequels that I haven't played
are FPS's. Is this correct?

Does the same go for the SH series?

LVD

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
> Silent Hills and Resident Evil are both very scary FPS style
> horror stuff. They are alright, but they are too scary to play for
> me.... But for good horror adventure games, I thought Shadow of
> the Comet was pretty good. Newer horror adventure games usually
> aren't even very scary.

You still have to try pretty hard to beat System Shock. :)

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

On 28 Jul 2005 00:41:22 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
>> Silent Hills and Resident Evil are both very scary FPS style
>> horror stuff. They are alright, but they are too scary to play for
>> me.... But for good horror adventure games, I thought Shadow of
>> the Comet was pretty good. Newer horror adventure games usually
>> aren't even very scary.
>
>You still have to try pretty hard to beat System Shock. :)

I remember the biggest scare I had from a computer game. It wasn't from
one that was from a horror genre though. It was Tomb Raider, the
original. There's one point where Lara is at some pyramid (I think) and
there is a section where you push giant blocks around. Well, somewhere in
there I turned around and this raptor who had been standing behind me,
utterly silent, roared in my face. I actually jumped in my chair. Then I
started laughing. :)

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
<snip>
> I remember the biggest scare I had from a computer game. It wasn't from
> one that was from a horror genre though. It was Tomb Raider, the
> original. There's one point where Lara is at some pyramid (I think) and
> there is a section where you push giant blocks around. Well, somewhere in
> there I turned around and this raptor who had been standing behind me,
> utterly silent, roared in my face. I actually jumped in my chair. Then I
> started laughing. :)

You sound as if you are a character straight from The Sims....

--
Ashikaga a27

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 04:29:16 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
><snip>
>> I remember the biggest scare I had from a computer game. It wasn't from
>> one that was from a horror genre though. It was Tomb Raider, the
>> original. There's one point where Lara is at some pyramid (I think) and
>> there is a section where you push giant blocks around. Well, somewhere in
>> there I turned around and this raptor who had been standing behind me,
>> utterly silent, roared in my face. I actually jumped in my chair. Then I
>> started laughing. :)
>
>You sound as if you are a character straight from The Sims....

Why, do you drop raptors into their houses?

--

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:42:20 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
>>>Please don't masturbate in public....
>>
>> Ouch, that would hurt I think. I was worried that stuff would give me
>> indigestion or worse but the only difficult part was the initial hotness
>> so I'm going to eat some more in a few minutes since I don't really want a
>> bunch of sliced up veggies going to waste.
>
>Well, enjoy the special sauce.

I am deeply offended! As a person who strictly follows the made up rules
in the Torah, I never waste my seed! It is better to have sexual
relations with a prostitute (without using any prophylactics) than that!
Harumpf!!

>Ah..., I guess I'd have to wait for Gothic III then. I am not very good at
>hand-eye coordination already. Don't need more complication on control....
>I wonder if it has a paper doll system. I love paper dolling my character.

Well, it's a butt-cam aka tomb raider style viewpoint game so you just see
your armor changes, etc instantly on the character.

--

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
<snip>
>>> I remember the biggest scare I had from a computer game. It wasn't from
>>> one that was from a horror genre though. It was Tomb Raider, the
>>> original. There's one point where Lara is at some pyramid (I think) and
>>> there is a section where you push giant blocks around. Well, somewhere in
>>> there I turned around and this raptor who had been standing behind me,
>>> utterly silent, roared in my face. I actually jumped in my chair. Then I
>>> started laughing. :)
>>
>>You sound as if you are a character straight from The Sims....
>
> Why, do you drop raptors into their houses?

No.... I mean after you got shocked, you reacted as if it's funny. It's
exactly how a sim would react. That game is really wacked. When a sim is
idle, they'd clap their hands in front of them, which I often see guys
doing in Gap.... Of course I mentally laughed at them, though they
probably think I am smiling at them. ;-)

--
Ashikaga a27

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:44:36 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>No.... I mean after you got shocked, you reacted as if it's funny. It's
>exactly how a sim would react. That game is really wacked. When a sim is
>idle, they'd clap their hands in front of them, which I often see guys
>doing in Gap.... Of course I mentally laughed at them, though they
>probably think I am smiling at them. ;-)

Smiling at guys in the Gap - that's probably why no nice girl has snatched
you up! They think you're taken! Don't you know that straight men never
smile at each other??? Heck, you're not even supposed to make eye contact
unless you plan on initiating combat! IT'S IN TEH RULEZ!!