Folder wont delete...help?

On my harddrive I have an empty folder and when I try to delete it I get the
message:

"Cannot read from the source file or disk"

If i double click on it to view the content it give an error message:
".....refers to a location that is unavailable....:

I have rebooted with no change.

The folder was created by a Creative application for MP3 audio. All the
applications are close.

How can I delete this unused folder?

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about folder wont delete help

    "trs80" <trs80@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >On my harddrive I have an empty folder and when I try to delete it I get the
    >message:

    Try to delete the folder from the Safe Mode. Also perform a disk
    check.
    "How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315265)
    "A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233