Mulholland drive

Saw this one today. I know it's a movie you tend to love or hate. But I
enjoyed it. I like surrealism (the fish).

It's one of the few films (the other 2 are Memento and The 6th Sense) I
want to see again immediately.

So I'll definitely buy it.

--
pibbur, who BTW recommends the painting "The Garden of Earthly Delights"
(1504) by Hieronymus Bosch. It may not be a surrealistic painting per

Have you seen Eraserhead? It's even more wacked out, and in my opinon,
much better. Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/

"pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
> Saw this one today. I know it's a movie you tend to love or hate.
> But I enjoyed it. I like surrealism (the fish).
>
> It's one of the few films (the other 2 are Memento and The 6th
> Sense) I want to see again immediately.
>
> So I'll definitely buy it.

Ah, Memento. It was one of those movies that was cool, but as I
thought about it on the way back to the video store to return it, so
many plot holes emerged that it seemed goofy. But it woul be tough to
make such a movie in a completely reasonable way, so I don't mind.

-Ophidian

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:26:26 +0200, Etre Dragon <GjooGjoob@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Have you seen Eraserhead? It's even more wacked out, and in my opinon,
> much better. Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/

Thanks. I'll check it out.

--
pibbur

"pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
> Saw this one today. I know it's a movie you tend to love or hate. But I
> enjoyed it. I like surrealism (the fish).
>
> It's one of the few films (the other 2 are Memento and The 6th Sense) I
> want to see again immediately.
>
> So I'll definitely buy it.

I really enjoyed Memento and 6th Sense, so I bought those.
But I can not tell you how much I hated Mulholland Drive.
I hated it so much, that when I was in L.A, I rented a car just to go
Mulholland Drive to be able to take a picture of the road sign. I HATE THAT
BLOODY MOVIE!!

There, those are my 2 cents.

LVD

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:12:21 -0400, "Zac Bond" <zwb2@cwru.edu> wrote:

>Ah, Memento. It was one of those movies that was cool, but as I
>thought about it on the way back to the video store to return it, so
>many plot holes emerged that it seemed goofy. But it woul be tough to
>make such a movie in a completely reasonable way, so I don't mind.

One of these days when I'm bored I think I will rip my Memento DVD and use
an editor to put the scenes into the right order. Will be interesting to
watching it in order.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:00:54 +0200, Lord Vashnu Dragon
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> "pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
>> Saw this one today. I know it's a movie you tend to love or hate. But I
>> enjoyed it. I like surrealism (the fish).
>>
>> It's one of the few films (the other 2 are Memento and The 6th Sense) I
>> want to see again immediately.
>>
>> So I'll definitely buy it.
>
> I really enjoyed Memento and 6th Sense, so I bought those.
> But I can not tell you how much I hated Mulholland Drive.
> I hated it so much, that when I was in L.A, I rented a car just to go
> Mulholland Drive to be able to take a picture of the road sign. I HATE
> THAT
> BLOODY MOVIE!!
>
> There, those are my 2 cents.

I say that's 2 cents well spent.

It is fascinating how taste varies. We both like Memento and 6th Sense so
much that we bought it, and since we both are members of RGCUD we have at
least to some degree common interests in games. And based on our exhange
of posts it seems we both like what I use to call "structured nonsense".

Then you hate MD and I like it so much that I'm going to buy it. Humans
are strange. Dragons as well.

Do you still have the picture?

--
pibbur, who wonders if MD confused Ashi

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> "Zac Bond" wrote:
>
>>Ah, Memento. It was one of those movies that was cool, but as I
>>thought about it on the way back to the video store to return it, so
>>many plot holes emerged that it seemed goofy. But it woul be tough to
>>make such a movie in a completely reasonable way, so I don't mind.
>
> One of these days when I'm bored I think I will rip my Memento DVD and use
> an editor to put the scenes into the right order. Will be interesting to
> watching it in order.

I doubt it. Plot and storyline are different things in literature. You
should know better than that. If that's the way the movie makers want you
to watch, there is a good reason behind that... (otherwise the
author/filmmaker has no talent).

--
Ashikaga a27

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:00:54 +0200, Lord Vashnu Dragon
> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> "pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
>>> Saw this one today. I know it's a movie you tend to love or hate. But I
>>> enjoyed it. I like surrealism (the fish).
>>>
>>> It's one of the few films (the other 2 are Memento and The 6th Sense) I
>>> want to see again immediately.
>>>
>>> So I'll definitely buy it.
>>
>> I really enjoyed Memento and 6th Sense, so I bought those.
>> But I can not tell you how much I hated Mulholland Drive.
>> I hated it so much, that when I was in L.A, I rented a car just to go
>> Mulholland Drive to be able to take a picture of the road sign. I HATE
>> THAT
>> BLOODY MOVIE!!
>>
>> There, those are my 2 cents.
>>
> I say that's 2 cents well spent.
>
> It is fascinating how taste varies. We both like Memento and 6th Sense so
> much that we bought it, and since we both are members of RGCUD we have at
> least to some degree common interests in games. And based on our exhange
> of posts it seems we both like what I use to call "structured nonsense".
>
> Then you hate MD and I like it so much that I'm going to buy it. Humans
> are strange. Dragons as well.

True, that is fascinating. Interesting. Also, I find the phrase "structured
nonsense" very appropriate. Excellent name. I realize that I may have
misspelled "appropriate", but I leave it there for someone to comment on.

> Do you still have the picture?

http://www.mattiaskarlsson.se/f13.jpg

http://www.mattiaskarlsson.se/g24.jpg
You're welcome.

LVD

"pibbur" <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote in message
> Saw this one today. I know it's a movie you tend to love or hate. But I
> enjoyed it. I like surrealism (the fish).
>
> It's one of the few films (the other 2 are Memento and The 6th Sense) I
> want to see again immediately.

Oh yes, I loved Memento. It was really fun to watch it again with my brother
and see his mouth literally drop in the last few scenes, :)

I enjoyed Sixth Sense too; it's a pity Shaymalan's films went downhill so
badly after it. The Signs was one of the stupidest films I've ever seen -
and I usually have vast reserves of patience when it comes to dodgy movies
logic.

- GSD

Great Siberian Dragon wrote:

> I enjoyed Sixth Sense too; it's a pity Shaymalan's films went downhill so
> badly after it. The Signs was one of the stupidest films I've ever seen -
> and I usually have vast reserves of patience when it comes to dodgy movies
> logic.

Personally, I'm a fan of Unbreakable.

It's one of the markedly few movies I personally own (on VHS, mind).

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 02:06:33 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
<helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
>
>> I enjoyed Sixth Sense too; it's a pity Shaymalan's films went downhill so
>> badly after it. The Signs was one of the stupidest films I've ever seen -
>> and I usually have vast reserves of patience when it comes to dodgy movies
>> logic.
>
>Personally, I'm a fan of Unbreakable.
>
>It's one of the markedly few movies I personally own (on VHS, mind).

I liked Unbreakable too. Of course, I've been a Bruce Willis fan since
Moonlighting. I didn't mind Signs either. Not too many directors would
try to juxtapose a minister's anger at God with an alien invasion. The
resolution might have been as deus ex machina as any bad scifi, but over
all I liked it. Especially the little girl and her contaminated water.

I was somewhat disappointed in The Village though. The situation was a
bit too simple and too easy to figure out. Also, the more they tried to
guard that preserve, the more desirable it would have become for any
nearby kids or fraternities doing parties or initiations. I guess I
wanted a real monster movie.

--

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:48:30 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 02:06:33 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
> <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:
>
>> Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
>>
>>> I enjoyed Sixth Sense too; it's a pity Shaymalan's films went downhill
>>> so
>>> badly after it. The Signs was one of the stupidest films I've ever
>>> seen -
>>> and I usually have vast reserves of patience when it comes to dodgy
>>> movies
>>> logic.
>>
>> Personally, I'm a fan of Unbreakable.
>>
>> It's one of the markedly few movies I personally own (on VHS, mind).
>
> I liked Unbreakable too. Of course, I've been a Bruce Willis fan since
> Moonlighting. I didn't mind Signs either. Not too many directors would
> try to juxtapose a minister's anger at God with an alien invasion. The
> resolution might have been as deus ex machina as any bad scifi, but over
> all I liked it. Especially the little girl and her contaminated water.
>
> I was somewhat disappointed in The Village though. The situation was a
> bit too simple and too easy to figure out. Also, the more they tried to
> guard that preserve, the more desirable it would have become for any
> nearby kids or fraternities doing parties or initiations. I guess I
> wanted a real monster movie.

I agree completely. At first I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not,
but eventually I found I wasn't impressed. The story seemed constructed
(is that correct english). I just couldn't accept the basic idea behind it.

--
pibbur

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:42:40 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>The story seemed constructed

I think "contrived" would be better here.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:42:40 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>> I was somewhat disappointed in The Village though. The situation was a
>> bit too simple and too easy to figure out. Also, the more they tried to
>> guard that preserve, the more desirable it would have become for any
>> nearby kids or fraternities doing parties or initiations. I guess I
>> wanted a real monster movie.
>>

>I agree completely. At first I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not,
>but eventually I found I wasn't impressed. The story seemed constructed
>(is that correct english). I just couldn't accept the basic idea behind it.
Yeah, I just felt cheated by the movie's end on that one. "Oh look! We
need to send someone through the monster-infested forest! Send the
blind one!" And an insulting ending.
Same with Signs, only it was a better movie until they wanted you to
believe that aliens that can fly between the stars can't tell our
planet, indeed our very selves, are 80%water, which will kill them.
And they can't figure out doors.
I'm done with his movies.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"That's the great thing about being dumb -
You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
-"Frog" from Best Of The West