Sign in with
Your question

Sufficient privileges to install adobe flash player

Last response: in Windows 7
August 10, 2012 7:54:07 AM

hello im trying to update my adobe flash player but its stop halfway through the download and then says the user does not have Sufficient privileges to install adobe flash player ? what is this message why did it start appearing now? :pfff: 
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2012 12:39:28 PM

ricky2047 said:
hello im trying to update my adobe flash player but its stop halfway through the download and then says the user does not have Sufficient privileges to install adobe flash player ? what is this message why did it start appearing now? :pfff: 

Check for infections. You are the ADMIN, correct ?
August 26, 2012 8:23:33 PM

ksiemb said:
Check for infections. You are the ADMIN, correct ?

I'm working on a PC with the exact same error. The user is an Admin (they are the only user). The machine did have infections but have all been removed. Any solutions yet?
Related resources
January 12, 2013 12:10:16 PM

ricky2047 said:

Youtube have entered some users in their HTML5 trial. You can right click on the video picture box and open the tag that say ÔÇťAbout HTML5, halfway down the page you can find this link.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (h.264,Available here, WebM support available here)
Install Googles WEBM, and your videos should play.
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2013 12:16:00 PM

This won't fix the root cause of the problem but it's a quick work around that normally works for me.

- Create a new user account with administrative privileges.
- Log out of the new account
- Log back into your original account
- Enjoy using flash ;) 

- OPTIONAL/RECOMMENDED: Delete the new account that was created

It's a quick fix. Long term you need to remove any infections and fix a few registry problems to get back all your rights.
!