Tuner Not Found problem

I just installed the Windows Media Center 2005 upgrade to my HP 864 Media
Center (Now out of warranty so no help available from HP).

I cannot access Media Center - get error message: 'Tuner Not Found- Tuner
hardware is either malfunctioning or is not installed. Please ensure both
tunner hardware or valid tuner driver are installed.'

The Hauppage Win TV PVR PCI II tuner that came with the computer was working
fine before the upgrade. I even installed the driver upgrade prior to
installing the MCE upgrade (as per the website instructions).

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

bocarat (at) bellsouth.net

Hi,

You might get better help if you post this question to the MCE gurus at:

nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"bocarat" <bocarat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed the Windows Media Center 2005 upgrade to my HP 864 Media
> Center (Now out of warranty so no help available from HP).
>
> I cannot access Media Center - get error message: 'Tuner Not Found- Tuner
> hardware is either malfunctioning or is not installed. Please ensure both
> tunner hardware or valid tuner driver are installed.'
>
> The Hauppage Win TV PVR PCI II tuner that came with the computer was working
> fine before the upgrade. I even installed the driver upgrade prior to
> installing the MCE upgrade (as per the website instructions).
>
> Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> bocarat (at) bellsouth.net

Already tried - no luck there either. I was hoping someone here might know
the answer.

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You might get better help if you post this question to the MCE gurus at:
>
> nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "bocarat" <bocarat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just installed the Windows Media Center 2005 upgrade to my HP 864 Media
> > Center (Now out of warranty so no help available from HP).
> >
> > I cannot access Media Center - get error message: 'Tuner Not Found- Tuner
> > hardware is either malfunctioning or is not installed. Please ensure both
> > tunner hardware or valid tuner driver are installed.'
> >
> > The Hauppage Win TV PVR PCI II tuner that came with the computer was working
> > fine before the upgrade. I even installed the driver upgrade prior to
> > installing the MCE upgrade (as per the website instructions).
> >
> > Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > bocarat (at) bellsouth.net

Maybe this is cause?
You may receive a "Tuner not found" error message when you select the TV
signal in Media Center
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832648