can not start my laptop! help!!!

a b D Laptop
June 14, 2005 4:56:19 AM

after installing windows XP on my system, while windows 98 was still os, the
laptop when i start it says:

"windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system\hal.dll. please re-install a copy of the above file"

the whole comes up with balck screen, like dos. please let me know where i
get these file from and how can i install these file to get my laptop running
again? thank you for you help!

More about : start laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 15, 2005 12:46:07 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is Missing or
Corrupt...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
How to Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

Error Message: Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hal.dll
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm
Also see http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm for troubleshooting issues with HAL
(Hardware Abstraction Layer).