Closed

Search on Start menu doesn't work

Search in Explorer works: - I've scanned with Adaware and AVG and applied
the "fix" in kelly's Korner. Still search on the start menu does nothing at
all. Search in the Explorer tool bar works.
Any thoughts anyone? (XP pro SP2)

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about search start menu doesn work

    Click Start, Run, then type in: regsvr32 /i C:\windows\srchasst\srchui.dll
    Press Enter

    If the above fails to fix the problem, then consider the following links for more
    information:-

    Why doesn't Search work?

    Troubleshooting Search Issues in Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#search

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:44:29 +1000, TaurArian wrote:

    > Click Start, Run, then type in: regsvr32 /i C:\windows\srchasst\srchui.dll
    > Press Enter
    >
    > If the above fails to fix the problem, then consider the following links for more
    > information:-
    >
    > Why doesn't Search work?
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
    >
    > Troubleshooting Search Issues in Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#search
    >

    > "Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Search in Explorer works: - I've scanned with Adaware and AVG and applied
    >> the "fix" in kelly's Korner. Still search on the start menu does nothing at
    >> all. Search in the Explorer tool bar works.
    >> Any thoughts anyone? (XP pro SP2)
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    Nothing works I'm afraid. Time for Linux?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308

    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    to email me remove the obvious!
  3. Necro spammer was here. Close thread.

Start Menu Explorer Microsoft Windows XP