Closed

Search on Start menu doesn't work

June 14, 2005 1:07:28 PM

Search in Explorer works: - I've scanned with Adaware and AVG and applied
the "fix" in kelly's Korner. Still search on the start menu does nothing at
all. Search in the Explorer tool bar works.
Any thoughts anyone? (XP pro SP2)

Thanks!

More about : search start menu work

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:44:29 AM

Click Start, Run, then type in: regsvr32 /i C:\windows\srchasst\srchui.dll
Press Enter

If the above fails to fix the problem, then consider the following links for more
information:-

Why doesn't Search work?

Troubleshooting Search Issues in Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#search

"Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Search in Explorer works: - I've scanned with Adaware and AVG and applied
> the "fix" in kelly's Korner. Still search on the start menu does nothing at
> all. Search in the Explorer tool bar works.
> Any thoughts anyone? (XP pro SP2)
>
> Thanks!

June 15, 2005 2:19:42 AM

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:44:29 +1000, TaurArian wrote:

> Click Start, Run, then type in: regsvr32 /i C:\windows\srchasst\srchui.dll
> Press Enter
>
> If the above fails to fix the problem, then consider the following links for more
> information:-
>
> Why doesn't Search work?
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
>
> Troubleshooting Search Issues in Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#search
>

> "Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>> Search in Explorer works: - I've scanned with Adaware and AVG and applied
>> the "fix" in kelly's Korner. Still search on the start menu does nothing at
>> all. Search in the Explorer tool bar works.
>> Any thoughts anyone? (XP pro SP2)
>>
>> Thanks!

Nothing works I'm afraid. Time for Linux?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308

gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

to email me remove the obvious!