End program error when shutting down

Alan

Hi guys
When shutting down the computer I get the end program window which says
"End program Device Capabilities" Does anybody know how to fix this other
than clicking on the "End now" button.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Alan wrote:

> Hi guys
> When shutting down the computer I get the end program window which says
> "End program Device Capabilities" Does anybody know how to fix this other
> than clicking on the "End now" button.

Do some clean boot troubleshooting:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

Also see:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

--