New thought on Vista

So the replacement shell is called Monad, right? Surely I can't be the
only one who envisions some poor guy who has had an accident resulting in
the loss of a testicle when hearing that name.

"Dude, that guy has a monad!"
"Woah, harsh!"

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

> "Dude, that guy has a monad!"
> "Woah, harsh!"

I keep misreading it as Nomad and having Star Trek flashbacks.

I...AM....NOMAD. STERILIZE.. STERI.. Say, maybe our ideas are
compatible after all.

--
/\_./b__ _O_ <====o Lost Dragon o====> _|_ __d\._/\
(/^/(_^^' | I like people - I just can't eat a whole one | `^^_)\^\)

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> So the replacement shell is called Monad, right? Surely I can't be the
> only one who envisions some poor guy who has had an accident resulting in
> the loss of a testicle when hearing that name.
>
> "Dude, that guy has a monad!"
> "Woah, harsh!"

Monad Vista.... Home or Pro??? I don't know where this conversation is
leading....

--
Ashikaga a27

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:03:09 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> So the replacement shell is called Monad, right? Surely I can't be the
>> only one who envisions some poor guy who has had an accident resulting in
>> the loss of a testicle when hearing that name.
>>
>> "Dude, that guy has a monad!"
>> "Woah, harsh!"
>
>Monad Vista.... Home or Pro??? I don't know where this conversation is
>leading....

I can hear Tony Bennett now " Monad Vista, Monad Vista men have named
you."
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"That's the great thing about being dumb -
You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
-"Frog" from Best Of The West

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:13:52 GMT, Optician Dragon
<DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:03:09 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>>> So the replacement shell is called Monad, right? Surely I can't be the
>>> only one who envisions some poor guy who has had an accident resulting in
>>> the loss of a testicle when hearing that name.
>>>
>>> "Dude, that guy has a monad!"
>>> "Woah, harsh!"
>>
>>Monad Vista.... Home or Pro??? I don't know where this conversation is
>>leading....
>
>I can hear Tony Bennett now " Monad Vista, Monad Vista men have named
>you."

"You’re so like the ladyboy with the missing jewel..."

--

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 06:40:31 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:13:52 GMT, Optician Dragon
><DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:03:09 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Monad Vista.... Home or Pro??? I don't know where this conversation is
>>>leading....
>>
>>I can hear Tony Bennett now " Monad Vista, Monad Vista men have named
>>you."
>
>"You’re so like the ladyboy with the missing jewel..."
Oh Lord! Must.....stop......song...

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 02:38:02 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>So the replacement shell is called Monad, right? Surely I can't be the
>only one who envisions some poor guy who has had an accident resulting in
>the loss of a testicle when hearing that name.
>
>"Dude, that guy has a monad!"
>"Woah, harsh!"

Oh well, looks like they're pulling the last nad from Vista now if you
believe this MSFT blogger:
http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2005/08/05/408720.aspx

--

Polychromic wrote:

> So the replacement shell is called Monad, right? Surely I can't be the
> only one who envisions some poor guy who has had an accident resulting in
> the loss of a testicle when hearing that name.

I heard this morning that they've had to drop the new shell too..

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Anti-walkthroughs for Deus Ex, Thief and Ultima http://www.it-he.org

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:21:59 +0100, "J. P. Morris" <jpm@it-he.org> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>
>> So the replacement shell is called Monad, right? Surely I can't be the
>> only one who envisions some poor guy who has had an accident resulting in
>> the loss of a testicle when hearing that name.
>
>I heard this morning that they've had to drop the new shell too..

Yes, as I already posted. ;PPP

But apparently they'll keep it in the server OSes. Kind of scary - let's
keep the exploitable shell in the critical OSes and remove it from the
desktop OS. Anyhow, it's probably just a matter of needing more time
(past when Vista is due to be released) to debug it.