keith

Not strictly an XP question, but I do want it to work in XP.

Can anyone recommend a cheap PCI dual VGA card? It has to be PCI
unfortunately and I need to be able to clone the display on both outputs and
switch between the two (1 is for monitor, 1 for projector).

Thanks

Do a search for vga splitters.
--
Ron Sommer

"Keith" <@.> wrote in message
> Not strictly an XP question, but I do want it to work in XP.
>
> Can anyone recommend a cheap PCI dual VGA card? It has to be PCI
> unfortunately and I need to be able to clone the display on both outputs
> and switch between the two (1 is for monitor, 1 for projector).
>
> Thanks

It is unclear what the projector is utilizing for input type for connecting
at the PCI display card. Or if the projector is capable of more than one
type.
Nor is it clear whether your PC display is using a standard monitor or flat
LCD display which use two different connectors.
These determining factors will drive which PCI card to use. WinTV, ATI, and
Matrox are typical suppliers of display cards with various input and output,
including multiples of same.

"Keith" <@.> wrote in message
> Not strictly an XP question, but I do want it to work in XP.
>
> Can anyone recommend a cheap PCI dual VGA card? It has to be PCI
> unfortunately and I need to be able to clone the display on both outputs
and
> switch between the two (1 is for monitor, 1 for projector).
>
> Thanks

keith

I bought a Y spitter, but when I turned off the projector it switched the
monotor off too and vice-versa, which is not acceptable.

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> Do a search for vga splitters.
> --
> Ron Sommer
>
> "Keith" <@.> wrote in message
>> Not strictly an XP question, but I do want it to work in XP.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a cheap PCI dual VGA card? It has to be PCI
>> unfortunately and I need to be able to clone the display on both outputs
>> and switch between the two (1 is for monitor, 1 for projector).
>>
>> Thanks

A true VGA splitter does not turn off both displays. I have a 8 to 1
splitter and all works correctly.

It have a splitter box, with a power transformer, you connect additional
monitors to it. A projector is not too different than a monitor. Instead
of displaying the info on the glass tube, it is "projected" to the wall.

"Keith" <@.> wrote in message news:OIwx5IPcFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I bought a Y spitter, but when I turned off the projector it switched the
>monotor off too and vice-versa, which is not acceptable.
>

> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> Do a search for vga splitters.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>>
>> "Keith" <@.> wrote in message
>>> Not strictly an XP question, but I do want it to work in XP.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a cheap PCI dual VGA card? It has to be PCI
>>> unfortunately and I need to be able to clone the display on both outputs
>>> and switch between the two (1 is for monitor, 1 for projector).
>>>
>>> Thanks

Just how did you turn off the projector?
You should be turning off the power to the projector.
--
Ron Sommer

"Keith" <@.> wrote in message news:OIwx5IPcFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I bought a Y spitter, but when I turned off the projector it switched the
>monotor off too and vice-versa, which is not acceptable.
>

> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> Do a search for vga splitters.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>>
>> "Keith" <@.> wrote in message
>>> Not strictly an XP question, but I do want it to work in XP.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a cheap PCI dual VGA card? It has to be PCI
>>> unfortunately and I need to be able to clone the display on both outputs
>>> and switch between the two (1 is for monitor, 1 for projector).
>>>
>>> Thanks

keith

Turned off the projector with it's power button.

It works the other way too. Turn off the monitor and the projector goes
off.