Steak rub recipe

for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:

3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon dill seed

Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning has
time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin layer
of olive oil first.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:
>
> 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
> 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
> 2 tablespoons garlic powder
> 2 tablespoons onion powder
> 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
> 1 teaspoon coriander
> 1 teaspoon dill seed
>
> Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning has
> time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin layer
> of olive oil first.

Hmm.... Interesting. I'll try out the recipe. I am surprised you
experiment your own recipe. :)

--
Ashikaga a27

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:33:13 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:
>>
>> 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
>> 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
>> 2 tablespoons garlic powder
>> 2 tablespoons onion powder
>> 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
>> 1 teaspoon coriander
>> 1 teaspoon dill seed
>>
>> Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning has
>> time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin layer
>> of olive oil first.
>
>Hmm.... Interesting. I'll try out the recipe. I am surprised you
>experiment your own recipe. :)

Well, usually one of my chefs does this mundane stuff but I allowed them
to take a week off this century.

--

"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> > for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:
> >
> > 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
> > 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
> > 2 tablespoons garlic powder
> > 2 tablespoons onion powder
> > 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
> > 1 teaspoon coriander
> > 1 teaspoon dill seed
> >
> > Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning
has
> > time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin layer
> > of olive oil first.
>
> Hmm.... Interesting. I'll try out the recipe. I am surprised you
> experiment your own recipe. :)

Even I am tempted to write this down to give to both my RL dad (Richard D.
C. Jr.,) and my amigo (Martin) for future steaks. :)

--

Jonathan "The Cast" Comly

"BubbaDragon" <JBubbacComly@msn.com> wrote in message

> "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> > for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:
>> >
>> > 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
>> > 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
>> > 2 tablespoons garlic powder
>> > 2 tablespoons onion powder
>> > 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
>> > 1 teaspoon coriander
>> > 1 teaspoon dill seed
>> >
>> > Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning
> has
>> > time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin
>> > layer
>> > of olive oil first.
>>
>> Hmm.... Interesting. I'll try out the recipe. I am surprised you
>> experiment your own recipe. :)
>>
> Even I am tempted to write this down to give to both my RL dad (Richard D.
> C. Jr.,) and my amigo (Martin) for future steaks. :)

May I be a little slow in the head and ask what RL stands for?
And if it does stand for Real Life, would you mind elaborating a tad?

LVD

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:58:02 GMT, "BubbaDragon" <JBubbacComly@msn.com>
wrote:

>"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> > for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:
>> >
>> > 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
>> > 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
>> > 2 tablespoons garlic powder
>> > 2 tablespoons onion powder
>> > 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
>> > 1 teaspoon coriander
>> > 1 teaspoon dill seed
>> >
>> > Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning
>has
>> > time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin layer
>> > of olive oil first.
>>
>> Hmm.... Interesting. I'll try out the recipe. I am surprised you
>> experiment your own recipe. :)
>>
>Even I am tempted to write this down to give to both my RL dad (Richard D.
>C. Jr.,) and my amigo (Martin) for future steaks. :)
You might also want to coat it with Thank You (brand) Wine and Pepper
sauce,
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"That's the great thing about being dumb -
You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
-"Frog" from Best Of The West

"Lord Vashnu Dragon" <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "BubbaDragon" <JBubbacComly@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > has
> >>
> >> Hmm.... Interesting. I'll try out the recipe. I am surprised you
> >> experiment your own recipe. :)
> >>
> > Even I am tempted to write this down to give to both my RL dad (Richard
D.
> > C. Jr.,) and my amigo (Martin) for future steaks. :)
>
> May I be a little slow in the head and ask what RL stands for?
> And if it does stand for Real Life, would you mind elaborating a tad?

'RL' does stand for 'Real Life', LVD.

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing
ROTFLMAO = ROTFL My A** Off

ROTFLPMP = ROTFL Pee My Pants

OTOH = On The Other Hand

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary (not often used anymore here :/)

And many more that I cannot remember ATM (at the moment). :)

BTW (By The Way), Our fellow Dragons may know a site that has all of the
Acronyms in question. (ask Paulon specifically. ^_^ )

--

B2D

> "Lord Vashnu Dragon" <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> "BubbaDragon" <JBubbacComly@msn.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> seasoning
>> > has

>> > Even I am tempted to write this down to give to both my RL dad (Richard
> D.
>> > C. Jr.,) and my amigo (Martin) for future steaks. :)
>>
>> May I be a little slow in the head and ask what RL stands for?
>> And if it does stand for Real Life, would you mind elaborating a tad?
>>
> 'RL' does stand for 'Real Life', LVD.

So, I would need you to elaborate a little.... for instance, who's your
online dad?
Why won't you share this recipe with him? Is he a midget with purple
nosehair?

LVD

> > seasoning

> > D.
> >>
> >> May I be a little slow in the head and ask what RL stands for?
> >> And if it does stand for Real Life, would you mind elaborating a tad?
> >>
> > 'RL' does stand for 'Real Life', LVD.
> >
> So, I would need you to elaborate a little.... for instance, who's your
> online dad?
> Why won't you share this recipe with him? Is he a midget with purple
> nosehair?

No.

For those that don't know, including you, LVD...

Bubbac is B2D's online father.

That point is moot because Bubbac is a member of my 'Cast' of characters. :)

--

>> > seasoning

> (Richard
>> > D.

>> > 'RL' does stand for 'Real Life', LVD.
>> >
>> So, I would need you to elaborate a little.... for instance, who's your
>> online dad?
>> Why won't you share this recipe with him? Is he a midget with purple
>> nosehair?
>>
> No.
>
> For those that don't know, including you, LVD...
>
> Bubbac is B2D's online father.
>
> That point is moot because Bubbac is a member of my 'Cast' of characters.
> :)

Ok, you've got my attention. What is an online father?

LVD

<SNIP>

> >> So, I would need you to elaborate a little.... for instance, who's your
> >> online dad?
> >> Why won't you share this recipe with him? Is he a midget with purple
> >> nosehair?
> >>
> > No.
> >
> > For those that don't know, including you, LVD...
> >
> > Bubbac is B2D's online father.
> >
> > That point is moot because Bubbac is a member of my 'Cast' of
characters.
> > :)
> >
> Ok, you've got my attention. What is an online father?

Let me guess.. your whole life is in the Weyr, correct?

If so, _that_ is considered, by some, to be 'online'.

An 'online father', may be an actual person that is either your RL (real
life) father that is also in the Weyr, a friend/fellow dragon pretending to
be your online father, or (in my case) one of the many characters that you
have for various plot threads (including past failed ones that a certain
dragon never archived. :mad: ).

Does that satisfy your curiosity, LVD?

--

> <SNIP>
> tad?

>> > No.
>> >
>> > For those that don't know, including you, LVD...
>> >
>> > Bubbac is B2D's online father.
>> >
>> > That point is moot because Bubbac is a member of my 'Cast' of
> characters.
>> > :)
>> >
>> Ok, you've got my attention. What is an online father?
>>
> Let me guess.. your whole life is in the Weyr, correct?
>
> If so, _that_ is considered, by some, to be 'online'.
>
> An 'online father', may be an actual person that is either your RL (real
> life) father that is also in the Weyr, a friend/fellow dragon pretending
> be your online father, or (in my case) one of the many characters that you
> have for various plot threads (including past failed ones that a certain
> dragon never archived. :mad: ).
>
> Does that satisfy your curiosity, LVD?

Somewhat, I guess. I'm still quite confused, most likely because I don't
know what the Weyr is.

But thanks anyway.

LVD

> > <SNIP>
> > tad?

> > characters.
> >> >
> >> Ok, you've got my attention. What is an online father?
> >>
> > Let me guess.. your whole life is in the Weyr, correct?
> >
> > If so, _that_ is considered, by some, to be 'online'.
> >
> > An 'online father', may be an actual person that is either your RL (real
> > life) father that is also in the Weyr, a friend/fellow dragon pretending
> > be your online father, or (in my case) one of the many characters that
you
> > have for various plot threads (including past failed ones that a certain
> > dragon never archived. :mad: ).
> >
> > Does that satisfy your curiosity, LVD?
>
> Somewhat, I guess. I'm still quite confused, most likely because I don't
> know what the Weyr is.

The Weyr is also called the "Weyrmount" (a MUD/MOO ( ask any of your
fellow dragons)), but in this case I meant here in the UDIC (1) newsgroup
RGCUD (2).

> But thanks anyway.

Your are welcome, LVD. :)

--

The Cast

(1) Ultima Dragons Internet Chapter
(2) Rec.Games.Computer.Ultima.Dragons

>> > <SNIP>
>> > tad?

>> > characters.

>> > Let me guess.. your whole life is in the Weyr, correct?
>> >
>> > If so, _that_ is considered, by some, to be 'online'.
>> >
>> > An 'online father', may be an actual person that is either your RL
>> > (real
>> > life) father that is also in the Weyr, a friend/fellow dragon
>> > pretending
>> > be your online father, or (in my case) one of the many characters that
> you
>> > have for various plot threads (including past failed ones that a
>> > certain
>> > dragon never archived. :mad: ).
>> >
>> > Does that satisfy your curiosity, LVD?
>>
>> Somewhat, I guess. I'm still quite confused, most likely because I don't
>> know what the Weyr is.
>>
> The Weyr is also called the "Weyrmount" (a MUD/MOO ( ask any of your
> fellow dragons)), but in this case I meant here in the UDIC (1) newsgroup
> RGCUD (2).

Aah! Merci, merci.

LVD

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 06:34:24 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:
>
>3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
>2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
>2 tablespoons garlic powder
>2 tablespoons onion powder
>2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
>1 teaspoon coriander
>1 teaspoon dill seed
>
>Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning has
>time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin layer
>of olive oil first.

Er, exactly how big is this steak? A bit heavy on the salt and such
there. (Spoke thus the hypertensive person.)

Although it does sound good, scaled down a bit. Is it OK if I use
dill weed instead of seed, or will you come beat me up?

--

Erimess Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa2

This is the comfort of everyone: That tho' they
may be said to die, yet their love and devotion
are, in best sense, ever present because immortal.
~William Penn
In memory of my father, 1 Jan 05

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:03:34 -0400, erimess wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 06:34:24 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>for when a bit of salt and pepper just isn't enough:
>>
>>3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
>>2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
>>2 tablespoons garlic powder
>>2 tablespoons onion powder
>>2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
>>1 teaspoon coriander
>>1 teaspoon dill seed
>>
>>Mix thoroughly. Coat steak 1-2 hours before grilling so the seasoning has
>>time to be absorbed. If the steak is too dry to coat apply a thin layer
>>of olive oil first.
>
>Er, exactly how big is this steak? A bit heavy on the salt and such
>there. (Spoke thus the hypertensive person.)
>
>Although it does sound good, scaled down a bit. Is it OK if I use
>dill weed instead of seed, or will you come beat me up?

Actually, those are just the proportions I use. I make up enough to fill
a bug metal jar that has a lid with sprinkle holes in it. Mostly I use
half course sea salt and half lite salt (Potassium Chloride) as well.

How are my typical steaks? I have a little indoor electric grill with
about a square foot grilling surface. I try to fill it with a steak but
they do shrink a bit in size as they cook.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

To LVD and pretty much anyone else who doesn't know about the online
plurality of B2D:

He's got this assortment of characters he commonly uses when
roleplaying, called "The Cast". Chief among them is Bubbac II Dragon
(himself), but there's others, such as Bubbac Dragon (B2's father),
Amthet, and I don't even remember most of the rest.

The problem is that sometimes these characters find their way out of the
plot threads and roleplaying and into the rest of his stuff. Our leading
scientiests have yet to discern why, although most likely because
they've never bothered with the issue.

What can I say? You get used to it, somewhat.

-Lumina Dragon

"Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> To LVD and pretty much anyone else who doesn't know about the online
> plurality of B2D:
>
> He's got this assortment of characters he commonly uses when roleplaying,
> called "The Cast". Chief among them is Bubbac II Dragon (himself), but
> there's others, such as Bubbac Dragon (B2's father), Amthet, and I don't
> even remember most of the rest.
>
> The problem is that sometimes these characters find their way out of the
> plot threads and roleplaying and into the rest of his stuff. Our leading
> scientiests have yet to discern why, although most likely because they've
> never bothered with the issue.
>
> What can I say? You get used to it, somewhat.

Eeh. I feel worse now. I've decided not to wet my brain on this one, it's
too stingy. I think.

LVD

"Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> To LVD and pretty much anyone else who doesn't know about the online
> plurality of B2D:
>
> He's got this assortment of characters he commonly uses when
> roleplaying, called "The Cast". Chief among them is Bubbac II Dragon
> (himself), but there's others, such as Bubbac Dragon (B2's father),
> Amthet, and I don't even remember most of the rest.
>
> The problem is that sometimes these characters find their way out of the
> plot threads and roleplaying and into the rest of his stuff. Our leading
> scientiests have yet to discern why, although most likely because
> they've never bothered with the issue.
>
> What can I say? You get used to it, somewhat.

Thank you, Lumina. :)

Other 'Cast' members include: Tom & Sara Bunny (Cousins), their Uncle Jason
Castor (also a Bunny), Coldmist (AKA: Jacrose & Tigre), Shardspray (AKA:
Shadow (when Evil) & Jostanos), Bubbac ('GSBV'*( AKA: Jonathan)), Argent,
Amethyst (AKA: Amthet),
Amy Thest (B2's mom & B1's wife), Bradley, Jostanos Crux, Jack Rose (AKA:
Jacrose: Jostanos Crux's Bro.),
and Jonathan Bradley Comly (AKA: The Typist, Jon, J.C., J.B.C., and Jonathan
'The Cast' Comly(occasional sig.)).

That may/may not clarify things a bit, but I hope it helps. ^_^

--

Jonathan 'The Cast' Comly

*'Great Siberian Cousins Version'

TRENDING THREADS