no sound, using audigy2

I have just reinstalled my computer and installed audigy 2 drivers from the
manufacturers cd without problem. But after the installation I had no sound
and no volume control. When I tried to play music a message told me that it
couldn't find a device. So I now updated the drivers via creatives homepage,
but the problem remains.

thanks for futurehelp

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

did you ask the question of creative ? what was their answer ?
--
there are no problems, just challenges

"gremme" wrote:

> I have just reinstalled my computer and installed audigy 2 drivers from the
> manufacturers cd without problem. But after the installation I had no sound
> and no volume control. When I tried to play music a message told me that it
> couldn't find a device. So I now updated the drivers via creatives homepage,
> but the problem remains.
>
> thanks for futurehelp

Barry

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:38:01 -0700, gremme
<gremme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I usually get this problem after UPDting drivers. Make sure that
under Speaker Settings the option Digital output Only is de-selected.
This normally solves the problem, at least with me.

Barry