Disappearing Icons on Windows 7

The "Home" (picture of house) no longer shows on my navigation bar...HELP

Thank you.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about disappearing icons windows
  1. vljens said:
    The "Home" (picture of house) no longer shows on my navigation bar...HELP

Thank you.

Do you mean in the browser? If so which browser are you using?
  2. iamcacao said:
    Do you mean in the browser? If so which browser are you using?

Should have mentioned that I am using Google Chrome. I can see the home icon near the address bar when using Mozilla & Internet Explorer...just no longer on Google Chrome. This icon disappeared about 3 weeks ago and up until that time, it was always there. My home page is MyWay.
  3. Also, forgot to mention..........the house icon show up near the address bar on my laptop. Strange.

Thanks
  4. Best answer
    Open Chrome> Click on the wrench (top right corner)> Settings> Under Appearance check the Show Home Button Box.

If this fails uninstall Chrome as it might be a corrupted update and then reinstall Chrome. Also scan for viruses/malware/spyware.
  5. Inferno1217 said:
    Open Chrome> Click on the wrench (top right corner)> Settings> Under Appearance check the Show Home Button Box.

If this fails uninstall Chrome as it might be a corrupted update and then reinstall Chrome. Also scan for viruses/malware/spyware.

+1. Then also make sure to set it to google (assuming that's what you want), otherwise it will just open on the new tab page.
  6. Inferno1217 said:

THIS WORKED!!! Thanks to everyone who replied.
  7. Best answer selected by vljens.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Navigation Icons