Sign in with
Your question

Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 Bluetooth Problem

Last response: in Technologies
January 26, 2013 7:54:33 PM

Hi, I just purchased a brand new, in-the-box Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 laptop. It was advertised as having built-in Bluetooth technology. I just received the computer in the mail today. When I took the computer out of the box and booted it, I noticed that there was no icon for Bluetooth anywhere. I downloaded a driver off Lenovo's website and tried to install it, but the driver crashed in mid-installation.

Some websites suggest checking the BIOS and enabling/disabling (and re-enabling) Bluetooth under the settings, but when I go to the settings, there is no Bluetooth device listed.

Lenovo website says that to edit Bluetooth settings, you must press Fn/F5 simultaneously. When I do this, all that comes up is a screen with settings for my Wireless Network Card. There is supposed to be both Bluetooth and Wireless there.

Other people have said they have experienced this situation as well, but nobody seems to have a solution online.

I am using the packaged OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit). Device Manager does not list any Bluetooth device, from what I can see.

What gives? It's a brand new machine.
February 21, 2013 4:38:30 PM

kevinmahoney95 said:
Hi, I just purchased a brand new, in-the-box Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 laptop. It was advertised as having built-in Bluetooth technology. I just received the computer in the mail today. When I took the computer out of the box and booted it, I noticed that there was no icon for Bluetooth anywhere. I downloaded a driver off Lenovo's website and tried to install it, but the driver crashed in mid-installation.

Some websites suggest checking the BIOS and enabling/disabling (and re-enabling) Bluetooth under the settings, but when I go to the settings, there is no Bluetooth device listed.

Lenovo website says that to edit Bluetooth settings, you must press Fn/F5 simultaneously. When I do this, all that comes up is a screen with settings for my Wireless Network Card. There is supposed to be both Bluetooth and Wireless there.

Other people have said they have experienced this situation as well, but nobody seems to have a solution online.

I am using the packaged OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit). Device Manager does not list any Bluetooth device, from what I can see.

What gives? It's a brand new machine.

m
l
February 21, 2013 4:55:47 PM

I have a similar problem with my Lenovo Z580, but my problem it is not with the bluetoth icon, instead the problem is when I try to send a single picture to a phone.
When I try to send, it only says "Abort FTP operation, No services found".
What can I do to solve it?
By the way, My operating sistem is Windows 8, 64-bit!
m
l
December 10, 2013 5:01:12 AM

Check in the hidden devices i am sure you will find your bluetooth device there listed as 'not connected'

Well to get it working I kept installing and uninstalling bluetooth drivers about 15 times and it poped up and since then no issue..

Hope this helps

also download drivers from the chinese website(chinese lenovo official site)

support1.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Driverdownload.aspx?SearchType=1&LogicType=0&MachineId=10197&IsSeachOne=true&IsBackPage=false&ptype=2&typename=IdeaPad+Z580&from=select
m
l
!