Sign in with
Your question

Mouse hangs

Last response: in Components
January 21, 2004 5:32:58 PM

Whenever I move the mouse on odd ocassions every 2 to 5 minutes the mouse pointer will stop moving for a second or so although I keep moving the mouse. In addition to this the computer beeps too. This will occur on the desktop and also affects any gameplay too.

I have windows xp with service pack 1 installed.
The mouse is a Trust Ami Mouse Scroll Pro.
This is a bit of an old mouse now but still very good.
I have the latest drivers for this PS/2 mouse.
I have this connected via a connector into a usb port
however the problem persists if plugged into a ps/2 port.

It is as though the mouser pointer stalls and won't respond in sync with the mouse. Most annoying.

Any idea's ?

More about : mouse hangs

January 21, 2004 5:39:50 PM

I suggest you try out a different mouse to figure out if it really is a mouse problem or some odd software on your machine.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
January 21, 2004 6:43:48 PM

Thanks Hammerbot but I have tried that too.
any advise ?
January 22, 2004 5:33:08 PM

Well, in that case it must be some software you have running on your machine. This is difficult to pinpoint but I suggest you start by running some sort of spybut or adaware software to make sure you dont have any spy SW running.
When did this problem occur? and what SW have you installed since then? If you don't find any spyware you may be forced to start trying to un-install various programs. In the long run, it may be faster to reinstall everything. It sounds bad, but you will enjoy the benefits of a freshly installed machine.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
!