Kingston VS Transcend

ChestRockwell

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2003
The subject sums it up. I can get my hands on both, but the Transcend is a bit more expensive than the Kingston. (looking for 2 256 MB PC3200 sticks). Are there any drawbacks with Kingston?

ChestRockwell

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2003
I'm planing on getting an nforce2 ultra 400 or KT600 based mobo. I dont have that much cash to throw around and some parts are pretty hard to come by where i live (in South Africa). If you work out the prices with the exchange rate, some items (motherboards especially) are around 2.5 times the cost. So if you are paying $100 for a board it might cost me around $250 (thats the extreme though).

ChestRockwell

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2003
Thanks for the help.

I decided to go with an MSI K7N2 Delta L. (It was basically that or a Gigabyte 7N400L). I'm probably getting 2 x 256 MB sticks of Kingsmax PC3200 ram with it (it looks like that is all our suppliers can get hold of at the moment). This country is great if you like nice weather and animals and beaches and other touristy crap, but it sucks when it comes to buying PC stuff!

Why is KT600 such a big nono? The boards usually have decent features (SATA RAID, Gbps Lan, etc), but are pretty cheapish.

I'm not planning on any serious overclocking, stuff is just too pricey to replace if "whoopsies" occur.

Any more advice?