Problems with word in office 2000 after service pack 2 ins..

anyone out there have any problem with word and other parts of Office 2000
AFTER installing Service Pack 2?
Can't paste to word, error shows up about Storage Media, work around doesn't
work, Spouse super angry - HELP!
Steviedee50
--
Lookin for Better Computer Progs
4 answers Last reply

    Is your Office instance fully updated ? Many times when SP's are
    installed it necessitates updating applications that run on the new
    OS.

    Visit the Office Update site & click on "Check for Updates"
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx

    Also you can open any Office Suite app, Click the text option
    Help and Click "Detect & Repair" to validate the installation.

    "StevieDee50" <StevieDee50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > anyone out there have any problem with word and other parts of Office 2000
    > AFTER installing Service Pack 2?
    > Can't paste to word, error shows up about Storage Media, work around
    > doesn't
    > work, Spouse super angry - HELP!
    > Steviedee50
    > --
    > Lookin for Better Computer Progs

    gotta back up office files first, but will update and maybe reinstalll after
    per post from Alias.
    Thanks for the post, it all helps
    steviedee50
    --

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > Is your Office instance fully updated ? Many times when SP's are
    > installed it necessitates updating applications that run on the new
    > OS.
    >
    > Visit the Office Update site & click on "Check for Updates"
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx
    >
    > Also you can open any Office Suite app, Click the text option
    > Help and Click "Detect & Repair" to validate the installation.
    >

    > "StevieDee50" <StevieDee50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > anyone out there have any problem with word and other parts of Office 2000
    > > AFTER installing Service Pack 2?
    > > Can't paste to word, error shows up about Storage Media, work around
    > > doesn't
    > > work, Spouse super angry - HELP!
    > > Steviedee50
    > > --
    > > Lookin for Better Computer Progs

    Have you tried uninstalling Office and installing it again? I have 2000 and
    SP2 but I installed SP2 before I installed Office 2000 and I have no
    problems with it.

    Alias

    "StevieDee50" wrote

    > anyone out there have any problem with word and other parts of Office 2000
    > AFTER installing Service Pack 2?
    > Can't paste to word, error shows up about Storage Media, work around
    > doesn't
    > work, Spouse super angry - HELP!
    > Steviedee50
    > --
    > Lookin for Better Computer Progs

    Thanks, no i havent but I will. As soon as I back up all the word and Office
    files.
    --

    "Alias" wrote:

    > Have you tried uninstalling Office and installing it again? I have 2000 and
    > SP2 but I installed SP2 before I installed Office 2000 and I have no
    > problems with it.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "StevieDee50" wrote
    >
    > > anyone out there have any problem with word and other parts of Office 2000
    > > AFTER installing Service Pack 2?
    > > Can't paste to word, error shows up about Storage Media, work around
    > > doesn't
    > > work, Spouse super angry - HELP!
    > > Steviedee50
    > > --