I was watching another Japanese horror movie

and when the chars are exchanging phone numbers I wondered if they have
their own fake number like the 555-1234 one that is used in all US movies
and TV? Anyhow, why don't the various studios get their own numbers and
use those in the movies instead of the obviously fake and disbelief
shattering one? They could run some kind of automated advert for upcoming
shows on it. Oh well, just a random thought. I have a lot of those.
Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do provoke genetic
diversity!)

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> and when the chars are exchanging phone numbers I wondered if they have
> their own fake number like the 555-1234 one that is used in all US movies
> and TV? Anyhow, why don't the various studios get their own numbers and
> use those in the movies instead of the obviously fake and disbelief
> shattering one? They could run some kind of automated advert for upcoming
> shows on it. Oh well, just a random thought. I have a lot of those.
> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do provoke genetic
> diversity!)

Well, that's because if they use a real number, then a lot of stupid movie
fans would call that number and whoever the unlucky owner of that phone
number would be driven nuts!

--
Ashikaga a27

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:24:02 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> and when the chars are exchanging phone numbers I wondered if they have
>> their own fake number like the 555-1234 one that is used in all US movies
>> and TV? Anyhow, why don't the various studios get their own numbers and
>> use those in the movies instead of the obviously fake and disbelief
>> shattering one? They could run some kind of automated advert for upcoming
>> shows on it. Oh well, just a random thought. I have a lot of those.
>> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do provoke genetic
>> diversity!)
>
>Well, that's because if they use a real number, then a lot of stupid movie
>fans would call that number and whoever the unlucky owner of that phone
>number would be driven nuts!

Which is why I said the studios use their own number.

--

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>>> and when the chars are exchanging phone numbers I wondered if they have
>>> their own fake number like the 555-1234 one that is used in all US movies
>>> and TV? Anyhow, why don't the various studios get their own numbers and
>>> use those in the movies instead of the obviously fake and disbelief
>>> shattering one? They could run some kind of automated advert for upcoming
>>> shows on it. Oh well, just a random thought. I have a lot of those.
>>> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do provoke genetic
>>> diversity!)
>>
>>Well, that's because if they use a real number, then a lot of stupid movie
>>fans would call that number and whoever the unlucky owner of that phone
>>number would be driven nuts!
>
> Which is why I said the studios use their own number.

Oops.... (*sheds a giant bead of sweat*)

--
Ashikaga a27

"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> and when the chars are exchanging phone numbers I wondered if they have
>> their own fake number like the 555-1234 one that is used in all US movies
>> and TV? Anyhow, why don't the various studios get their own numbers and
>> use those in the movies instead of the obviously fake and disbelief
>> shattering one? They could run some kind of automated advert for
>> upcoming
>> shows on it. Oh well, just a random thought. I have a lot of those.
>> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do provoke genetic
>> diversity!)
>
> Well, that's because if they use a real number, then a lot of stupid movie
> fans would call that number and whoever the unlucky owner of that phone
> number would be driven nuts!

I say from now on they should use Ashi's home number. Or work number. Or fax
number. Or pager. Or cell. Or Telex.

LVD

wrote:

>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>> and when the chars are exchanging phone numbers I wondered if they have
>> their own fake number like the 555-1234 one that is used in all US movies
>> and TV? Anyhow, why don't the various studios get their own numbers and
>> use those in the movies instead of the obviously fake and disbelief
>> shattering one? They could run some kind of automated advert for upcoming
>> shows on it. Oh well, just a random thought. I have a lot of those.
>> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do provoke genetic
>> diversity!)
>
>Well, that's because if they use a real number, then a lot of stupid movie
>fans would call that number and whoever the unlucky owner of that phone
>number would be driven nuts!
Yeah, remember the song, 867-5309? That belonged to an unfortunate
person who lived across the river from where I work. The calls were
incessant.
And I remember the old B.C comic where B.C. is walking along saying,
"Ouch, ooch, Ouch" then stops and says, "Man, those Cosmic Rays are
killing me !"
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"That's the great thing about being dumb -
You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
-"Frog" from Best Of The West

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do
> provoke genetic diversity!)

You heard about this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4131232.stm
I take it?

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

On 11 Aug 2005 12:50:07 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
>> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do
>> provoke genetic diversity!)
>
>You heard about this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4131232.stm
>I take it?

Nothing new there at all. Optician will tell you that the danger of
cataracts is one reason to wear good sunglasses.

The other is to look cool. Heeeyyyyyyyyyy!

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On 11 Aug 2005 12:50:07 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
>> Kind of like cosmic rays really. (Yes, my thoughts do
>> provoke genetic diversity!)
>
>You heard about this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4131232.stm
>I take it?

Hmmm, interesting.
However, they utterly failed to take into account that UV radiation is
_known_ to cause cataracts and that pilots are higher in the
atmosphere for way longer than the average human, and are thus exposed
to higher levels of UV radiation, even accounting for the absorptive
windshields. I would bet pilots have a similar rate of cataracts as
say, farmers or fishermen.
Of course, evidence also supports cosmic rays, but never seems to
specify which wavelength, so that is a generalization. Usually pilots
also wear UV absorptive sunglasses, but there is still light leakage
around the edges, so I think more research into which specific
frequencies of "cosmic rays" are actually harmful is necessary.
Volunteers, anyone?

Hey, let's get B.C.!

Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> "Ashikaga" wrote...
<snip>
>> Well, that's because if they use a real number, then a lot of stupid movie
>> fans would call that number and whoever the unlucky owner of that phone
>> number would be driven nuts!
>
> I say from now on they should use Ashi's home number. Or work number. Or fax
> number. Or pager. Or cell. Or Telex.

If you want my numbers, just say so. No need to beat around the bush.

--

> Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
>> "Ashikaga" wrote...
> <snip>
>>> Well, that's because if they use a real number, then a lot of stupid
>>> movie
>>> fans would call that number and whoever the unlucky owner of that phone
>>> number would be driven nuts!
>>
>> I say from now on they should use Ashi's home number. Or work number. Or
>> fax
>> number. Or pager. Or cell. Or Telex.
>
> If you want my numbers, just say so. No need to beat around the bush.
>>:)

Bush?? Yikes, now I'm scared.

Number, lemme guess.... 36-24-32? I vote for the BoES!

LVD