Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Every time I start my computer up Internet Explorer start and it goes to the
following page www.meditickets.t35.com which then prompts you to install
something that just installs spyware. I have used Adaware numerous times and
have manualy gone through the registry and deleted any spyware entries from
the Run folders for the machine and user. I have also manually deleted all
the programs that it installed. The only sign of the spyware I have left is
that when i reboot during start up IE opens and goes to this website. It has
really stumped me as to how to fix this I have tried everything that I can
think of.
Has anyone got an ideas?

Thankyou in advance.

Thankyou in advance.

Have you changed the homepage in Control Panel->Internet Options

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I start my computer up Internet Explorer start and it goes to
> the
> following page www.meditickets.t35.com which then prompts you to install
> something that just installs spyware. I have used Adaware numerous times
> and
> have manualy gone through the registry and deleted any spyware entries
> from
> the Run folders for the machine and user. I have also manually deleted all
> the programs that it installed. The only sign of the spyware I have left
> is
> that when i reboot during start up IE opens and goes to this website. It
> has
> really stumped me as to how to fix this I have tried everything that I can
> think of.
> Has anyone got an ideas?
>
> Thankyou in advance.
>

> Thankyou in advance.

Hijacked systems will just change it back after you change it manually.

Besides running CWShredder; run:

AD Aware Se 1.06
Spybot: Search and Destroy 1.4

Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta

If you still have problems, then you can use the ultimate hijacker removal
tool: Hijackthis. Please note that you will need to jion a "Hijackthis"
forum and post your Hijackthis log to if before you clean up. You may not
be aware on what you would need to remove and what you need to keep. Morre
experienced users will guide you.

> Have you changed the homepage in Control Panel->Internet Options
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Every time I start my computer up Internet Explorer start and it goes to
>> the
>> following page www.meditickets.t35.com which then prompts you to install
>> something that just installs spyware. I have used Adaware numerous times
>> and
>> have manualy gone through the registry and deleted any spyware entries
>> from
>> the Run folders for the machine and user. I have also manually deleted
>> all
>> the programs that it installed. The only sign of the spyware I have left
>> is
>> that when i reboot during start up IE opens and goes to this website. It
>> has
>> really stumped me as to how to fix this I have tried everything that I
>> can
>> think of.
>> Has anyone got an ideas?
>>
>> Thankyou in advance.
>>

>> Thankyou in advance.

Check for Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Ben wrote:
> Every time I start my computer up Internet Explorer start and it goes to
> the
> following page www.meditickets.t35.com which then prompts you to install
> something that just installs spyware. I have used Adaware numerous times
> and
> have manualy gone through the registry and deleted any spyware entries
> from
> the Run folders for the machine and user. I have also manually deleted all
> the programs that it installed. The only sign of the spyware I have left
> is
> that when i reboot during start up IE opens and goes to this website. It
> has
> really stumped me as to how to fix this I have tried everything that I can
> think of.
> Has anyone got an ideas?
>
> Thankyou in advance.
>

> Thankyou in advance.

Alias

Download, install and run CWShredder.

Alias

Ben wrote:
> Every time I start my computer up Internet Explorer start and it goes to the
> following page www.meditickets.t35.com which then prompts you to install
> something that just installs spyware. I have used Adaware numerous times and
> have manualy gone through the registry and deleted any spyware entries from
> the Run folders for the machine and user. I have also manually deleted all
> the programs that it installed. The only sign of the spyware I have left is
> that when i reboot during start up IE opens and goes to this website. It has
> really stumped me as to how to fix this I have tried everything that I can
> think of.
> Has anyone got an ideas?

The best advice /anyone/ (IMHO) could give you is to dump IE and get
FireFox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/) I have been running
it for over a year now, and my browser has /never/ been hijacked. As
well, here are a list (http://tinyurl.com/c3k2v) of over 500(and
counting) /more/ reasons to switch. I can do things with FF that IE
could only /dream/ of. (I created the above link by right-clicking on
the original page and selecting 'Create TinyURL for this Page'.) Sorry
if I come across as all fanatical, but I can't /imagine/ going back to
IE, especially as FF looks and acts like IE, and can import all my
passwords/bookmarks/history/etc. from IE.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

subresin@mystificationh.org