Now that I'm broadly connected to the internet, I think I would like to
try one of the online RPG wonders.

My yougest daughter - lets call her Marit (that IS her name after all) -
is hooked on World of Warcraft. I'm not particularly eager to try that
one, seems to me I have to give it a lot more attention than I'm
ready/willing to.

I want a MMORPG for the occasional gamer. Any recommendations?

--
from World Of Pibburs: pibbur dragon

pibbur wrote:
> Now that I'm broadly connected to the internet, I think I would like to
> try one of the online RPG wonders.
>
> My yougest daughter - lets call her Marit (that IS her name after all)
> - is hooked on World of Warcraft. I'm not particularly eager to try
> that one, seems to me I have to give it a lot more attention than I'm
> ready/willing to.
>
> I want a MMORPG for the occasional gamer. Any recommendations?

All MMORPGs require huge time investments. That and the monthly fee are
why I never play.

I have played some normal multiplayer games, but they wouldn't offer the
same experience as an MMORPG, really.

Hmm. That reminds me. I can't even recall when I last bumped my D2
characters. I do hope they still exist.

.... ... ...

(Patch? Is there a new update?)

.... ... ...

And two of them have expired, but the best of them remains, saved from
doom with eleven days on the clock. Score!

-Lumina Dragon

thehawk

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

pibbur wrote:
> Now that I'm broadly connected to the internet, I think I would like to
> try one of the online RPG wonders.
>
> My yougest daughter - lets call her Marit (that IS her name after all)
> - is hooked on World of Warcraft. I'm not particularly eager to try
> that one, seems to me I have to give it a lot more attention than I'm
> ready/willing to.
>
> I want a MMORPG for the occasional gamer. Any recommendations?
>
> --
> from World Of Pibburs: pibbur dragon

Try Ultima Legacy. If you have questions, check the FAQ. Which
probably needs some updating in that area, now that I think about it, so
nevermind on that part.

For the real information, check here:
http://www.ultimalegacy.net/forum/

, here:
http://www.ultimalegacy.net/Temp/
(some of this stuff is pretty outdated too, but there is still a lot of
good stuff)

and here:

#legacy @ irc.epaxsys.net/7000

for more information.

-thehawk
Move Sig

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:16:51 -0700, thehawk
<thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:

>pibbur wrote:
>> Now that I'm broadly connected to the internet, I think I would like to
>> try one of the online RPG wonders.
>>
>> My yougest daughter - lets call her Marit (that IS her name after all)
>> - is hooked on World of Warcraft. I'm not particularly eager to try
>> that one, seems to me I have to give it a lot more attention than I'm
>> ready/willing to.
>>
>> I want a MMORPG for the occasional gamer. Any recommendations?

Perhaps Guild Wars? While it is a touch more action oriented than a
traditional RPG, it does have one feature that makes it ideal for
occassional players - no monthly fees. Pay for the game when you buy
it and that's *it*. That way you don't have to pay $15 per month just
to maintain a character in a gameworld you only visit once or twice
every sixty days.