DVD's don't play after installing of Media Player 10 FIN

Hi and asking for your help again

I have Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 Service Pack 2, LG GCC-4480B
combo drive and CyberLink PowerDVD 4.0 decoder. After updating to Media
Player 10 FIN DVD's don't play anymore. Trying to launch DVD's from Media
Player or PowerDVD I get message "put disc to disc drive E". I tried the very
same DVD in my lap top and it played normally. I also tried to compare the
settings, but there is no diffrences (except the combo drive is a Matshita).
I updated the combo drivers and PowerDVD's drivers from their websites. I
even unistalled and installed again the combo driver, but nothing seems to
help.

Does anyone have answers? I don't think it is a hardware problem, because
all audio CD's and CD-ROM's work nicely on the same combo drive.

Esa
4 answers Last reply
More about play installing media player

    "Esa B" <EsaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi and asking for your help again
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 Service Pack 2, LG GCC-4480B
    > combo drive and CyberLink PowerDVD 4.0 decoder. After updating to Media
    > Player 10 FIN DVD's don't play anymore. Trying to launch DVD's from Media
    > Player or PowerDVD I get message "put disc to disc drive E". I tried the
    > very
    > same DVD in my lap top and it played normally. I also tried to compare the
    > settings, but there is no diffrences (except the combo drive is a
    > Matshita).
    > I updated the combo drivers and PowerDVD's drivers from their websites. I
    > even unistalled and installed again the combo driver, but nothing seems to
    > help.
    >
    > Does anyone have answers? I don't think it is a hardware problem, because
    > all audio CD's and CD-ROM's work nicely on the same combo drive.
    >
    > Esa

    Is the dye layer different on that disk? Look on your drive makers site for
    an update- the firmware gets updated and often icludes support for newer
    dyetypes, or improved support.

    Dear Alan

    Thank you for your answer

    I tried several different DVD's of different age and make, but it makes no
    difference. I allready updated the firmware device driver from LG's website
    (GCC-4480B Version 1.02 Firmware Update), which did not help.

    But I got a hint, that when I cleaned my PC's registers with System Mechanic
    5 it might have deleted the register keys needed for DVD operation, which I
    don't quite understand nor know how to fix.

    BR

    Esa

    > Dear Alan
    >
    > Thank you for your answer
    >
    > I tried several different DVD's of different age and make, but it makes no
    > difference. I allready updated the firmware device driver from LG's
    > website
    > (GCC-4480B Version 1.02 Firmware Update), which did not help.
    >
    > But I got a hint, that when I cleaned my PC's registers with System
    > Mechanic
    > 5 it might have deleted the register keys needed for DVD operation, which
    > don't quite understand nor know how to fix.
    >
    > BR
    >
    > Esa
    >
    > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    >

    >> "Esa B" <EsaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi and asking for your help again
    >> >
    >> > I have Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 Service Pack 2, LG
    >> > GCC-4480B
    >> > combo drive and CyberLink PowerDVD 4.0 decoder. After updating to Media
    >> > Player 10 FIN DVD's don't play anymore. Trying to launch DVD's from
    >> > Media
    >> > Player or PowerDVD I get message "put disc to disc drive E". I tried
    >> > the
    >> > very
    >> > same DVD in my lap top and it played normally. I also tried to compare
    >> > the
    >> > settings, but there is no diffrences (except the combo drive is a
    >> > Matshita).
    >> > I updated the combo drivers and PowerDVD's drivers from their websites.
    >> > even unistalled and installed again the combo driver, but nothing seems
    >> > help.
    >> >
    >> > Does anyone have answers? I don't think it is a hardware problem,
    >> > because
    >> > all audio CD's and CD-ROM's work nicely on the same combo drive.
    >> >
    >> > Esa
    >>
    >> Is the dye layer different on that disk? Look on your drive makers site
    >> for
    >> an update- the firmware gets updated and often icludes support for newer
    >> dyetypes, or improved support.

    check to see if System Mechanic saved an "undo" file

    Thanks Haggis ( a Scottish food?)

    Unfortunately I did not take a safety copy before first time cleaning the
    registers, only the second time and restoring that did'nt help.

    Esa

    "Haggis" wrote:

    > "Esa B" <EsaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Dear Alan
    > >
    > > Thank you for your answer
    > >
    > > I tried several different DVD's of different age and make, but it makes no
    > > difference. I allready updated the firmware device driver from LG's
    > > website
    > > (GCC-4480B Version 1.02 Firmware Update), which did not help.
    > >
    > > But I got a hint, that when I cleaned my PC's registers with System
    > > Mechanic
    > > 5 it might have deleted the register keys needed for DVD operation, which
    > > don't quite understand nor know how to fix.
    > >
    > > BR
    > >
    > > Esa
    > >
    > > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    > >

    > >> "Esa B" <EsaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > >> Is the dye layer different on that disk? Look on your drive makers site
    > >> for
    > >> an update- the firmware gets updated and often icludes support for newer
    > >> dyetypes, or improved support.
    > >>

    > check to see if System Mechanic saved an "undo" file

DVD Windows XP