Palm OS web browsers

August 14, 2004 2:10:28 PM

I'm quite dissapointed with the ones currently available. Although Web
Browser Pro is quite useable, it's presentation and UI leaves a lot to be
desired.

Plucker and iSilo can both produce gorgeous displays. DocsToGo does a very
good job of using hi-res fonts for excellent presentation, yet when it comes
to live (online) web browsers, we're limited to the clunky standard fonts,
poor table support and limited CSS.

More about : palm web browsers

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 11:18:04 PM

Avant Go doubles as a web browser, you may give it a try.

Then, Fire pad, though being an image viewer, also has some limited web
browsing features.

Mostly, I use Avant Go also to brows the web, since I feel ate home with
the user interface.
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 1:51:34 PM

Mark Crowther wrote:

> I'm quite dissapointed with the ones currently available. Although Web
> Browser Pro is quite useable, it's presentation and UI leaves a lot to be
> desired.
>
> Plucker and iSilo can both produce gorgeous displays. DocsToGo does a very
> good job of using hi-res fonts for excellent presentation, yet when it comes
> to live (online) web browsers, we're limited to the clunky standard fonts,
> poor table support and limited CSS.

Well, both Plucker and iSilo preparse content on the desktop,
simplifying much of the work in rendering pages on the handheld. A live
web browser OTOH has to do all parsing and layouting on-the-fly. This is
by no means an easy task. If you look up the details of the CSS
rendering model, you'll understand just how difficult this is.

Regards
-Laurens
!