Repost; blue screen problem

HB

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I posted this question a few days ago
and have not received any follow ups to my problem. I have been getting
intermittent blue screens with "memory parity error" as the cause.I ran
memtest86, it ran for two and a half hours, one pass and did not find any
memory problems.
I downloaded windows memory diagnostic to try as well but when I try and
burn the iso file I get errors in the burning program.Know the program works
so why wont the iso file burn?
Is there another program I can try?
Could the problem be something else?
Thanks, Jim

Malke

HB wrote:

> I posted this question a few days ago
> and have not received any follow ups to my problem. I have been
> getting intermittent blue screens with "memory parity error" as the
> cause.I ran memtest86, it ran for two and a half hours, one pass and
> did not find any memory problems.
> I downloaded windows memory diagnostic to try as well but when I try
> and burn the iso file I get errors in the burning program.Know the
> program works so why wont the iso file burn?
> Is there another program I can try?
> Could the problem be something else?
> Thanks, Jim

Of course the problem could be something else, but it will be very hard
for you to troubleshoot this in a newsgroup. Even though your RAM
tested fine, you might want to swap it out for known-working sticks.
Your power supply could be failing. Your motherboard could be failing.
Unless you are skilled in doing hardware troubleshooting and have
testbed computers and spare parts at hand for testing, you will be best
served by taking the machine to a professional computer repair shop
(not your local equivalent of BigStoreUSA).

Good luck,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have run into the problem also. The memory parity error is most likely
caused by the installed memory. The problem was hard to track. Testing the
memory gave me no problems. It always tested fine. After trying for a long
period to resolve it i finally replaced the memory 1 stick at a time and
found the issue was caused by 1 dimm. After replacing it the problem didnt
occur again. I would recommend trying that. Replace the memory 1 dimm at a
time to determine if any of it is bad. Again testing it didnt tell me it was
bad

"HB" wrote:

> I posted this question a few days ago
> and have not received any follow ups to my problem. I have been getting
> intermittent blue screens with "memory parity error" as the cause.I ran
> memtest86, it ran for two and a half hours, one pass and did not find any
> memory problems.
> I downloaded windows memory diagnostic to try as well but when I try and
> burn the iso file I get errors in the burning program.Know the program works
> so why wont the iso file burn?
> Is there another program I can try?
> Could the problem be something else?
> Thanks, Jim

HB

You know, not to be disrespectful or that I don't appreciate the help
but.......You still haven't answered my questions
1 Can you recommend a website to troubleshoot my problem
2 Why am I having problems with burning the ISO file with windows memory
diagnostic, has anyone else had this problem, I know it's a beta release.
Yes I do have another computer to swap out parts.
And I'm not a moron and can probably figure my problem out if I could get a
straight answer to at least question #1
If you dont have an constructive answer please don't answer because the post
will be ignored by someone who does have a constructive answer.

> HB wrote:
>
>> I posted this question a few days ago
>> and have not received any follow ups to my problem. I have been
>> getting intermittent blue screens with "memory parity error" as the
>> cause.I ran memtest86, it ran for two and a half hours, one pass and
>> did not find any memory problems.
>> I downloaded windows memory diagnostic to try as well but when I try
>> and burn the iso file I get errors in the burning program.Know the
>> program works so why wont the iso file burn?
>> Is there another program I can try?
>> Could the problem be something else?
>> Thanks, Jim
>
> Of course the problem could be something else, but it will be very hard
> for you to troubleshoot this in a newsgroup. Even though your RAM
> tested fine, you might want to swap it out for known-working sticks.
> Your power supply could be failing. Your motherboard could be failing.
> Unless you are skilled in doing hardware troubleshooting and have
> testbed computers and spare parts at hand for testing, you will be best
> served by taking the machine to a professional computer repair shop
> (not your local equivalent of BigStoreUSA).
>
> Good luck,
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

HB wrote:

> You know, not to be disrespectful or that I don't appreciate the help
> but.......You still haven't answered my questions
> 1 Can you recommend a website to troubleshoot my problem
> 2 Why am I having problems with burning the ISO file with windows
> memory diagnostic, has anyone else had this problem, I know it's a
> beta release. Yes I do have another computer to swap out parts.
> And I'm not a moron and can probably figure my problem out if I could
> get a straight answer to at least question #1
> If you dont have an constructive answer please don't answer because
> the post will be ignored by someone who does have a constructive
> answer.

I did answer your question and did not write to you as if you were "a
moron". There was nothing in your original post to give me a clue as to
your skill level and there was no way for me to know what equipment you
have on hand. I don't think a website will be useful or I would have
given you an url. In my opinion you have hardware problems and should
focus your troubleshooting accordingly. I have no idea why you were
having trouble burning an .iso of the Windows memory diagnostic; I've
never used the Windows memory diagnostic - I use Memtest86+, for which
I gave you a link. However, if the computer itself is having hardware
issues then that certainly could impact your ability to burn a cd-r.

I'm sorry that you don't think my answer was "constructive", but I gave
you the answer I thought was correct based on the information you
provided in your post. I wish you the best of luck in solving your
computer problem.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

HB

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Thanks, I'll try it out.
"trapped" <trapped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have run into the problem also. The memory parity error is most likely
> caused by the installed memory. The problem was hard to track. Testing the
> memory gave me no problems. It always tested fine. After trying for a long
> period to resolve it i finally replaced the memory 1 stick at a time and
> found the issue was caused by 1 dimm. After replacing it the problem didnt
> occur again. I would recommend trying that. Replace the memory 1 dimm at a
> time to determine if any of it is bad. Again testing it didnt tell me it
> was
> bad
>
> "HB" wrote:
>
>> I posted this question a few days ago
>> and have not received any follow ups to my problem. I have been getting
>> intermittent blue screens with "memory parity error" as the cause.I ran
>> memtest86, it ran for two and a half hours, one pass and did not find any
>> memory problems.
>> I downloaded windows memory diagnostic to try as well but when I try and
>> burn the iso file I get errors in the burning program.Know the program
>> works
>> so why wont the iso file burn?
>> Is there another program I can try?
>> Could the problem be something else?