If some of you...

Last response: in Video Games
August 19, 2005 8:33:04 PM

...are trobled by bad smell coming from the west coast of Norway today,
don't panic. It's just me painting the stairs between the ground flooe and
the first floor. I've already washed the stairs with NH4-OH (salmiakk in
norwegian, don't dare think of how the name is mishandled in US english),
which isn't exactly odourless. Now I'm going to apply
specially-designed-for-painting-floors-paint, which quite frankly stinks.

You have been warned.

Of course this apply most of all to Vapour.

--
pibbur "I fart in your general direction" dragon

More about : question

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:33:05 PM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:33:04 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>..are trobled by bad smell coming from the west coast of Norway today,
>don't panic. It's just me painting the stairs between the ground flooe and
>the first floor. I've already washed the stairs with NH4-OH (salmiakk in
>norwegian, don't dare think of how the name is mishandled in US english),
>which isn't exactly odourless. Now I'm going to apply
>specially-designed-for-painting-floors-paint, which quite frankly stinks.

I'd call it ammonia but for paint prep I think I would use trisodium
phosphate.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:09:16 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:33:04 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>
>> ..are trobled by bad smell coming from the west coast of Norway today,
>> don't panic. It's just me painting the stairs between the ground flooe
>> and
>> the first floor. I've already washed the stairs with NH4-OH (salmiakk in
>> norwegian, don't dare think of how the name is mishandled in US
>> english),
>> which isn't exactly odourless. Now I'm going to apply
>> specially-designed-for-painting-floors-paint, which quite frankly
>> stinks.
>
> I'd call it ammonia but for paint prep I think I would use trisodium
> phosphate.

Interesting, I've always used ammonia.

OK, the danger is over now, for the moment. The first layer of paint is
applied. The brush is safely deposited in the freezer.

Until tomorrow:
--
pibbur, from the land of grey and pink

August 21, 2005 7:38:52 AM

pibbur wrote:

> ..are trobled by bad smell coming from the west coast of Norway today,
> don't panic. It's just me painting the stairs between the ground flooe and
> the first floor.

That's interesting... Here the ground floor _is_ the first floor. As a
"computer scientist" I must say I like your way better.

--
Cape Dweller Dragon
Remember, I've got a debt to pay. It's about quantity, not quality.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:38:52 +0200, Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:

> pibbur wrote:
>
>> ..are trobled by bad smell coming from the west coast of Norway today,
>> don't panic. It's just me painting the stairs between the ground flooe
>> and
>> the first floor.
>
> That's interesting... Here the ground floor _is_ the first floor.

So it is in Norway also. But I had the impression this was not the rule
abroad.

> As a
> "computer scientist" I must say I like your way better.

Especially if we could include a terminating zero so you would know when
you'd passed the top floor.

--
pibbur

August 25, 2005 4:29:06 PM

Quoth pibbur <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill>:
> Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net> wrote:
>> That's interesting... Here the ground floor _is_ the first floor.
>
> So it is in Norway also. But I had the impression this was not
> the rule abroad.

In North America, it is. In the UK, it is not.

>> As a "computer scientist" I must say I like your way better.

It was the lack of a zero in the Roman numeral system that in large
measure forced us into the Arabic one. :)

> Especially if we could include a terminating zero so you would know
> when you'd passed the top floor.

For more details, see probable sequel to 'Charlie and the Chocolate
Factory'...

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a30
!