Quick Question - Networking Fresh.

June 14, 2005 11:44:01 AM

I'm at work, working a trouble ticket.

Windows XP Pro - Anything on the network (Mapped Drives, Printer Queues,
etc) does not refresh unless F5 is pressed to force the refresh. Locally,
everything refreshes as normal.

(Example: Users H drive is a mapped network drive. User copies file to H
drive but the file does not appear until F5 is pressed.)

Any clues?
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 11:50:01 AM

Opps ... sorry for the poor spelling in the subject.

"sbrengard" wrote:

> I'm at work, working a trouble ticket.
>
> Windows XP Pro - Anything on the network (Mapped Drives, Printer Queues,
> etc) does not refresh unless F5 is pressed to force the refresh. Locally,
> everything refreshes as normal.
>
> (Example: Users H drive is a mapped network drive. User copies file to H
> drive but the file does not appear until F5 is pressed.)
>
> Any clues?
June 14, 2005 11:50:09 AM

is it by anychance a novell server ? I have had this happen a number of times
but has always seemed to occur in a novell enviroment, my cure was the latest
novell client seemed to cure it
--
there are no problems, just challenges

"sbrengard" wrote:

> I'm at work, working a trouble ticket.
>
> Windows XP Pro - Anything on the network (Mapped Drives, Printer Queues,
> etc) does not refresh unless F5 is pressed to force the refresh. Locally,
> everything refreshes as normal.
>
> (Example: Users H drive is a mapped network drive. User copies file to H
> drive but the file does not appear until F5 is pressed.)
>
> Any clues?
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 11:58:23 AM

None ...

VERY large network (LAN/WAN 8000+ workstations) using mostly (98%) XP/2000
clients, AD, and Windows 2000 servers (2003 in testing).

!