Quick Question - Networking Fresh.

I'm at work, working a trouble ticket.

Windows XP Pro - Anything on the network (Mapped Drives, Printer Queues,
etc) does not refresh unless F5 is pressed to force the refresh. Locally,
everything refreshes as normal.

(Example: Users H drive is a mapped network drive. User copies file to H
drive but the file does not appear until F5 is pressed.)

Any clues?
3 answers Last reply
More about quick question networking fresh

    Opps ... sorry for the poor spelling in the subject.

    "sbrengard" wrote:

    > I'm at work, working a trouble ticket.
    >
    > Windows XP Pro - Anything on the network (Mapped Drives, Printer Queues,
    > etc) does not refresh unless F5 is pressed to force the refresh. Locally,
    > everything refreshes as normal.
    >
    > (Example: Users H drive is a mapped network drive. User copies file to H
    > drive but the file does not appear until F5 is pressed.)
    >
    > Any clues?

    is it by anychance a novell server ? I have had this happen a number of times
    but has always seemed to occur in a novell enviroment, my cure was the latest
    novell client seemed to cure it
    --
    there are no problems, just challenges

    "sbrengard" wrote:

    > I'm at work, working a trouble ticket.
    >
    > Windows XP Pro - Anything on the network (Mapped Drives, Printer Queues,
    > etc) does not refresh unless F5 is pressed to force the refresh. Locally,
    > everything refreshes as normal.
    >
    > (Example: Users H drive is a mapped network drive. User copies file to H
    > drive but the file does not appear until F5 is pressed.)
    >
    > Any clues?

    None ...

    VERY large network (LAN/WAN 8000+ workstations) using mostly (98%) XP/2000
    clients, AD, and Windows 2000 servers (2003 in testing).

    "steve" wrote:

    > is it by anychance a novell server ? I have had this happen a number of times
    > but has always seemed to occur in a novell enviroment, my cure was the latest
    > novell client seemed to cure it
    > --
    > there are no problems, just challenges
    >

    > "sbrengard" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm at work, working a trouble ticket.
    > >
    > > Windows XP Pro - Anything on the network (Mapped Drives, Printer Queues,
    > > etc) does not refresh unless F5 is pressed to force the refresh. Locally,
    > > everything refreshes as normal.
    > >
    > > (Example: Users H drive is a mapped network drive. User copies file to H
    > > drive but the file does not appear until F5 is pressed.)
    > >
    > > Any clues?

Networking Windows XP