Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm a professional engineer and as such I need maximum performance from my computer h/w, o/s and applications. It used to be really
simple to send suggestions about possible improvements to Microsoft. Now their 'new, improved' support web pages have made this
virtually impossible. Frankly I don't have the time to trawl through masses of web pages to find what I want, I need to find it
easily.

Does anybody know how to send suggestions to Microsoft ?

cheerz
--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Here's one: http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp

Or you could contact your local MS office.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Duncan Anderson wrote:
> I'm a professional engineer and as such I need maximum performance from my
> computer h/w, o/s and applications. It used to be really simple to send
> suggestions about possible improvements to Microsoft. Now their 'new,
> improved' support web pages have made this virtually impossible. Frankly I
> don't have the time to trawl through masses of web pages to find what I
> want, I need to find it easily.
> Does anybody know how to send suggestions to Microsoft ?
>

> cheerz

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. Under "Pick a Help Topic", click on
"Send your feedback to Microsoft".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Duncan Anderson" wrote:

| I'm a professional engineer and as such I need maximum performance from my computer h/w, o/s and applications. It used to be
really
| simple to send suggestions about possible improvements to Microsoft. Now their 'new, improved' support web pages have made this
| virtually impossible. Frankly I don't have the time to trawl through masses of web pages to find what I want, I need to find it
| easily.
|

| Does anybody know how to send suggestions to Microsoft ?
|

| cheerz
| --
| Duncan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Which re-directs you to the page that I got from visiting www.microsoft.com

None of those options include product suggestions or product feedback. The nearest is Report a bug :(

I suppose, at a long stretch, I could claim that as it isn't working the way I want it to it must be a bug :(

Not very satifisfactory.

--

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message news:eYy$9UPcFHA.3844@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> 1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
> 2. Under "Pick a Help Topic", click on
> "Send your feedback to Microsoft".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Duncan Anderson" wrote:
>
> | I'm a professional engineer and as such I need maximum performance from my computer h/w, o/s and applications. It used to be
> really
> | simple to send suggestions about possible improvements to Microsoft. Now their 'new, improved' support web pages have made this
> | virtually impossible. Frankly I don't have the time to trawl through masses of web pages to find what I want, I need to find it
> | easily.
> |

> | Does anybody know how to send suggestions to Microsoft ?
> |

> | cheerz
> | --
> | Duncan

Steve;
Several direct ways:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=114491
Mail, FAX, Email etc.
Those and more on the link with no more clicking.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

so far loop around back to the same page where

Steve N. wrote:
> PA Bear wrote:
>
>> Here's one: http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>>
>> Or you could contact your local MS office.
>
> All the links posted so far loop around back to the same page where
> there is no option to submit anything. That's what the OP is talking
> about; it is useless.
>
> Steve

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Microsoft offers several ways for you to send comments or suggestions
about Microsoft products.
To send a comment or suggestion via the Web, use one of
the following methods:

In Internet Explorer 6, click Send Feedback on the Help menu and then
click the link in the Product Suggestion section of the page that appears.

Open Help and Support on the Start menu. Click Send your
feedback to Microsoft, and then fill up the Product Suggestion page that
appears.

You may Visit:-

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?WS=Wish

and proceed accordingly.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Duncan Anderson wrote:
> I'm a professional engineer and as such I need maximum performance from my computer h/w, o/s and applications. It used to be really
> simple to send suggestions about possible improvements to Microsoft. Now their 'new, improved' support web pages have made this
> virtually impossible. Frankly I don't have the time to trawl through masses of web pages to find what I want, I need to find it
> easily.
>

> Does anybody know how to send suggestions to Microsoft ?
>

> cheerz

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Replies interlaced.
Duncan

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message news:u8aFHUPcFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft offers several ways for you to send comments or suggestions about Microsoft products.
> To send a comment or suggestion via the Web, use one of
> the following methods:
>
> In Internet Explorer 6, click Send Feedback on the Help menu and then
> click the link in the Product Suggestion section of the page that appears.

The suggestion isn't related to Internet Explorer, which is where that link takes you.

> Open Help and Support on the Start menu. Click Send your
> feedback to Microsoft, and then fill up the Product Suggestion page that appears.

This just takes you to the web page that has no method of making product suggestions, other than to say it's a bug :(

> You may Visit:-
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?WS=Wish
>
> and proceed accordingly.

This is the same :(

> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> Duncan Anderson wrote:
>> I'm a professional engineer and as such I need maximum performance from my computer h/w, o/s and applications. It used to be
>> really simple to send suggestions about possible improvements to Microsoft. Now their 'new, improved' support web pages have made
>> this virtually impossible. Frankly I don't have the time to trawl through masses of web pages to find what I want, I need to find
>> it easily.
>>

>> Does anybody know how to send suggestions to Microsoft ?
>>

>> cheerz

This looks like the kiddy :)

Except the web links loop back around to the same useless page ... the E-mail and Fax look good.

cheerz