Not getting Group Policy

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I have a Windows XP SP1 computer on my network that can log on to the
domain, but it's not getting my domain group policies. What can I check or
do to resolve this problem?

Enrique

The network administrator can configure your computers using
the features of Group Policy.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314953
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298444

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Enrique wrote:

> I have a Windows XP SP1 computer on my network that can log on to the
> domain, but it's not getting my domain group policies. What can I check or
> do to resolve this problem?
>
> Enrique

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I have no problems creating group policy; the problem is that this machine
is not processing any domain policy I create. I tried article 298444 and
while it said it process group policy, the domain policy still does not take
effect. I have several hundred machines where this is not an issue.

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message

> The network administrator can configure your computers using
> the features of Group Policy.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314953
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298444
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Enrique wrote:
>
>> I have a Windows XP SP1 computer on my network that can log on to the
>> domain, but it's not getting my domain group policies. What can I check
>> or do to resolve this problem?
>>
>> Enrique

Malke

Enrique wrote:

> I have no problems creating group policy; the problem is that this
> machine
> is not processing any domain policy I create. I tried article 298444
> and while it said it process group policy, the domain policy still
> does not take
> effect. I have several hundred machines where this is not an issue.
>
> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message

>> Enrique wrote:
>>
>>> I have a Windows XP SP1 computer on my network that can log on to
>>> the
>>> domain, but it's not getting my domain group policies. What can I
>>> check or do to resolve this problem?

I don't have an answer for you except to suggest that there must be
something different about this particular machine. Unfortunately, only
you can do that troubleshooting since it will require hands-on
inspection. However, there is a newsgroup devoted to Group Policy
issues and you might get your answer there:

microsoft.public.windows.group_policy

Best of luck,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for posting!

I notice that you have posted the same question in our
microsoft.public.windows.group_policy 29178828 newsgroup, to which I have
already responded. Please check my answer there, and if you need any
further assistance on this particular issue please reply to me in that
thread so I can follow up with you. Your understanding and cooperation is
appreciated.

For your convenience, I have included my reply as follows:

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for posting!

I understand that Windows XP SP1 cannot apply domain group policies. Please
help me know that if all the other hundred machines experience this issue.
If so, please post this question in the
microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory newsgroup. That newsgroup
is primarily for issues involving server. We recommend posting
appropriately so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and
so other partners who regularly read the newsgroups can either share their
knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

If just only machine experiences the issue, I suggest you check the policy
by the following method.

1. After the settings of Domain Group Policies have been configured, please
run gpupdate /force in command prompt to force the update of the policies.

2. To run Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) tool or Gpresult.exe in command
prompt to troubleshoot the issue.

Start->Run->Rsop.msc

For more detailed information, please refer to the following URL.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
us/rspintro.mspx

Applying Windows XP Group Policy in a Windows 2000 Domain
http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Windows-XP-Group-Policy-Windows-2000-
Domain-Part2.html

For more information, please refer to the following article:
298444 A Description of the Group Policy Update Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298444

321709 HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Results Tool in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321709

250842 Troubleshooting Group Policy application problems
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=250842

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support