RIP Snipper

My cat of well over a decade apparently passed away last night while I
was sleeping. His Jabba-esque proportions and generally inoffensive
disposition will be missed.

Damn.

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:09:07 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
<helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>My cat of well over a decade apparently passed away last night while I
>was sleeping. His Jabba-esque proportions and generally inoffensive
>disposition will be missed.
>
>Damn.

Sorry to hear that. How did he get that name?
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Eek! Helgraf Dragon wrote:
> My cat of well over a decade apparently passed away last night while I
> was sleeping. His Jabba-esque proportions and generally inoffensive
> disposition will be missed.
>
> Damn.

I am very sorry to hear that. Don't over-grieve, though I know it's hard
to do it.

--
Ashikaga a27

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:09:07 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
<helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>My cat of well over a decade apparently passed away last night while I
>was sleeping. His Jabba-esque proportions and generally inoffensive
>disposition will be missed.
>
>Damn.

So sorry to hear that. Having a cat with health problems (that takes
up a lot of my time but increase the bond), and also running a Yahoo
group for these problems and reading about other cats constantly, I
tend to get very upset any time one is lost. Being a cat lover might
contribute a bit to that too.

--

Erimess Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa4

This is the comfort of everyone: That tho' they
may be said to die, yet their love and devotion
are, in best sense, ever present because immortal.
~William Penn
In memory of my father, 1 Jan 05

Polychromic wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:09:07 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
> <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:
>

>>My cat of well over a decade apparently passed away last night while I
>>was sleeping. His Jabba-esque proportions and generally inoffensive
>>disposition will be missed.
>>
>>Damn.
>

> Sorry to hear that. How did he get that name?

My brother named him. Sadly, I can't even remember how he came up with
the name, it's been so long.

erimess wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:09:07 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
> <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:
>

>>My cat of well over a decade apparently passed away last night while I
>>was sleeping. His Jabba-esque proportions and generally inoffensive
>>disposition will be missed.
>>
>>Damn.
>

> So sorry to hear that. Having a cat with health problems (that takes
> up a lot of my time but increase the bond), and also running a Yahoo
> group for these problems and reading about other cats constantly, I
> tend to get very upset any time one is lost. Being a cat lover might
> contribute a bit to that too.

Just a touch, aye.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:39:23 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
<helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:09:07 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
>> <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:
>>

>>>My cat of well over a decade apparently passed away last night while I
>>>was sleeping. His Jabba-esque proportions and generally inoffensive
>>>disposition will be missed.
>>>
>>>Damn.

Sorry to hear that Helgraf. We have a cat that is 11 and she is
starting to get a bit creaky herself.
OTOH, a month or so ago someone dumped a pregnant young cat off in the
neighborhood. The people across from us have taken her in. Sometime
Monday night she had her kittens, how many and where we don't know.
Then we had several days of hard rain, and the fear was she had nested
them near the riverbank, which was preparing to overflow slightly.
Friday, diring the rain she had tried to take them to the peoples'
house, and must have dropped one while dodging a car (there are some
who drive too fast here) because they came out of the house and the
cat was highly distressed, and they looked in the street and there was
a kitten, squashed flat. 4 days old. Sigh. But she has brought
sucessfully, one other kitten as of yesterday morning to their house
for safekeeping.
Now we'll have to see if there are any more, and what to do with this
one. We're hoping another neighbor wil take the kitten, as they have
said they would like a cat, but they currently have an aging little
yappy dog. Maybe they should get a cat to finish off the dog, whom
they don't even like all that much, as he is a pain in the ass.
--
Optician Dragon
-=UDIC=-

Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
<snip>
> Sorry to hear that Helgraf. We have a cat that is 11 and she is
> starting to get a bit creaky herself.
> OTOH, a month or so ago someone dumped a pregnant young cat off in the
> neighborhood. The people across from us have taken her in. Sometime
> Monday night she had her kittens, how many and where we don't know.
> Then we had several days of hard rain, and the fear was she had nested
> them near the riverbank, which was preparing to overflow slightly.
> Friday, diring the rain she had tried to take them to the peoples'
> house, and must have dropped one while dodging a car (there are some
> who drive too fast here) because they came out of the house and the
> cat was highly distressed, and they looked in the street and there was
> a kitten, squashed flat. 4 days old. Sigh. But she has brought
> sucessfully, one other kitten as of yesterday morning to their house
> for safekeeping.

(*sighs*) That's very sad. I always try to avoid animals cross the street
when I am driving. Yesterday, I almost hit a chipmonk. I would feel
extremely horrible if I hit it.... It's just really sad the kitten
died....

--
Ashikaga a27