Return to castle wolfenstein

G

we are running: Kt133a, amd 800 duron, 640 ram, nvidia gef 3 ti 200, win xp. I cannot get this game, or any others to work properly.After the game loads, it locks the machine, or after minimal play it locks up.

I have tried the compatabilty wizard to no avail.

Any ideas????????
Thanks!

MadCat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
What detonator driver are you running? I've seen many problems report out on the net involving 23.11. My personal experience with Windows ME and nForce is that I had to go back to 21.81 to get 3DMarks 2001 running (and games too I believe).

G

Try using just one stick of Memory to see if it's an over 512 issue.
Is your AMD running cool? Check it in CMOS, a small heatsink/fan combo without heatsink compound will make that AMD heat up really fast.
Good Luck

Take it with you, be a MobileGamer :wink:

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I cant imagine its an over 512 ram issue since this isnt a prob with xp, could well be a heat/power prob though, did you try running it with the case open and see if lasts longer?

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

King_Aaron

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2002
hi i am the person who posted this message origanaly. i am still having problems with the sytem after trying all of what was suggested. plz help me
i cant play anything now not even my matrix screensaver.

FatBurger

Illustrious
And why did you change your login name?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

perjon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2002
that's.........really funny!!!!!
just make me burst into luagh~
hey,boy,check your garphic card driver and change it
i have the same problem in my school.
But,i always resolve them in this way.
Another way is,well,very trouble way,reinstall your system:)

who let tom out!
who who who!!!
:mad: