MN700 software up to date?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I had to hard-reset my MN700 tonight since it would not respond to less drastic measures after I returned from a trip away. Afterwards I reconfigured it and decided to save the settings since I noticed I didn't have a backup but the only choice for saving the output file was as a .dat file instead of .xml. My recollection was that the original (beta) software saved as .dat but that the current version would save it as .xml. I checked for updates (Help/Check for Updates Online) and no updates were found. I then manually downloaded the update at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790&clcid=0x409 but it shows nothing to apply when unpacked. Here are my versions as shown in the display in the BSMT:
Base station information

Runtime code version: 02.00.08.0333
Boot code version: 02.00.08.0333

The question is whether I have a down-level code version or not?

Thanks!

Robert Cohen

joker

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

That is the current version of the firmware for the MN-700.

Robert Cohen wrote:

> I had to hard-reset my MN700 tonight since it would not respond to less drastic measures after I returned from a trip away. Afterwards I reconfigured it and decided to save the settings since I noticed I didn't have a backup but the only choice for saving the output file was as a .dat file instead of .xml. My recollection was that the original (beta) software saved as .dat but that the current version would save it as .xml. I checked for updates (Help/Check for Updates Online) and no updates were found. I then manually downloaded the update at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790&clcid=0x409 but it shows nothing to apply when unpacked. Here are my versions as shown in the display in the BSMT:
> Base station information
>
> Runtime code version: 02.00.08.0333
> Boot code version: 02.00.08.0333
>
> The question is whether I have a down-level code version or not?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Robert Cohen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

You have the most updated version of the MN-700 firmware.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Robert Cohen" <Robert Cohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to hard-reset my MN700 tonight since it would not respond to less
>drastic measures after I returned from a trip away. Afterwards I
>reconfigured it and decided to save the settings since I noticed I didn't
>have a backup but the only choice for saving the output file was as a .dat
>file instead of .xml. My recollection was that the original (beta)
>software saved as .dat but that the current version would save it as .xml.
>I checked for updates (Help/Check for Updates Online) and no updates were
>found. I then manually downloaded the update at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790&clcid=0x409 but it shows
>nothing to apply when unpacked. Here are my versions as shown in the
>display in the BSMT:
> Base station information
>
> Runtime code version: 02.00.08.0333
> Boot code version: 02.00.08.0333
>
> The question is whether I have a down-level code version or not?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Robert Cohen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Interesting... I wonder why the settings files are .xml? I have some that I have saved that are in that format, not only from this unit, but from another one at another location. That's the only thing that seems strange to me.

I've had enough gremlins. Last week's adventure was a melted down transformer on a Sonicwall, so I'm just a little paranoid.

Robert