Looking for some kind of portable pocket device

One of the biggest issues in college when commuting is the time it takes to get to your destination. For me it takes about an hour and twenty-so minutes to get school (via public transport). I could've spend that time productively by reading course lecture notes with an open binder, but it's too big and clunky and causes such an incovience especially if you're reading in a crowded situation.

So that's when I need your recommendation. I need a small pocket-size portable device in which I mainly use for reading lecture notes (usually they are in PDF, MS PowerPoint). Also I'm a student on a budget; I can go from $100 to just under $200.

So what kind of device do you recommend? What is the name of the brand? Price and weblink. Also if Tom has a good article on the product you recommend for me give me the link for that one too.
3 answers Last reply
More about looking kind portable pocket device
  1. Any number of Android tablets would suit you. Try the Nook Tablet, you can find the older models used for around $100. For a bit more you can buy a card that will allow you to boot to a full Android system on the Nook.
  2. Thank you hang-the-9 for your reply. I was actually doing some research between tablets and e-book readers and while e-books can somewhat read PDFs, from what I hear they are not fully compatible with PDF.

As for the tablets, I'm going for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" Wi-Fi 8GB Android 4.0. Lots of good customer ratings and it's priced at $199.00 CDN.

I'll check out the Nook Tablet as you suggested, but meanwhile feel free to critique the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
  3. Samsung would be great for you, that size screen is a good compromise between being useful and portability. I went for a used Nook for you because you wanted to keep it in the 100-200 range, and you can find the dual-core Nook Tablets for 100 or so. But if you are OK with spending $200, a new full Android model would be great.
Ask a new question